How to Remove the Throttle Housing-HELP

metallic88

How did you do that?
very carfully with a flat head screwdriver, ive been removing security bolts for years it was easy. I was thinking it was the dumbest thing that they used them till i found out they didnt hold the throttle on lol. but i was shocked they didnt grease the throttle tube i guess nobody does anymore(Im probably the only one that likes a smooth throttle lol). probably why most used bikes i buy have big groves in the bars lol

snydes

Staff member
hes talking about the 2 i removed that are some funky x patern design that were probably not ment to be taken off lol

I spoke before I actually looked at the screws in question...:oops: , I haven't seen any like that yet. Not typical anti-tamper screws. I'll be quiet now :censored:

metallic88

I spoke before I actually looked at the screws in question...:oops: , I haven't seen any like that yet. Not typical anti-tamper screws. I'll be quiet now :censored:
no problem.
nether had i seen any like them before, thats why i though it was a dumb idea(but found out they dont hold the throttle on , it just holds the magnent throttle together), and after all the hassle of getting them off i found the hiddin screw lol. after all said and done, i think i found it in the manual saying where it was, which i never looked at.

Fod

Ha! I hope your idea saves someone who doesn't have the right tool!

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Removed throttle super easy with no cuss words due to not having to mutilate those security screws.
Thanks for sharing!

FrancoLizard

For anyone who doesn't want to purchase an entire Torx set, the fastener on the throttle tube is T20. You do not need a tamper-proof torx (with the hole in the middle) - just a regular torx. There's a recessed area above the fastener head, so a longer shaft (like a screwdriver) might be easier than say a regular a torx socket.

FrancoLizard

In my defense, I have a 60-piece torx set. But in retrospect, that was not the best use of $50. I'm torn on this one. I mean, I could have bought a number plate or a shroud (just one).

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
In my defense, I have a 60-piece torx set. But in retrospect, that was not the best use of $50. I'm torn on this one. I mean, I could have bought a number plate or a shroud (just one).
Over-buying tools for a onetime task is a god-given right and a requirement for membership into the y-chromosome brotherhood.

Brotherhood bylaws state unequivocally that one need not justify the reasoning for serial tool over-acquisition events. Besides, we will definitely need them for another project we have in mind, which we will definitely get around to, just as soon as we pick up one more tool that we need.

Additional merit badges are awarded for buying tools that can be used to make other tools.