Import to Europe

Marlle

Hi

Im looking for someone who has experience with importing an Alta or perhaps an ordinary dirt bike to Europe?.

Hoping to get some answers in terms of the most efficient way to do it. I’m thinking shipping companies, which country is the easiest to ship to ect. ect.

Thanks

Monza

Hi Marlle,
I have imported an EXR to France end of 2018, you can PM or mail me for any help 😉 : jeanpascalburguet at gmail.com

Sumik

Hi

Im looking for someone who has experience with importing an Alta or perhaps an ordinary dirt bike to Europe?.

Hoping to get some answers in terms of the most efficient way to do it. I’m thinking shipping companies, which country is the easiest to ship to ect. ect.

Thanks
Hi Marlle,
I imported 2 ALTAs MX to Czech in 2017 by airmail. At that time it was quite easy. The conditions have changed since then and now the only chance is to send it by sea cargo. I have a sad experience trying to repeat the 2017's succesfull transport with my 2019 EXR recently. If you want more information you can PM me or e-mail on sumera@hennlich.cz

12main12

Guys,

Care to share how easy it was, typical costs? And any issues?

I'm considering doing the same. My biggest concerns is the unforseen cost at import.

If you used a specific export / import company it would be handy to share your experience?

Many thanks in advance.

Sumik

Guys,

Care to share how easy it was, typical costs? And any issues?

I'm considering doing the same. My biggest concerns is the unforseen cost at import.

If you used a specific export / import company it would be handy to share your experience?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi,
I imported an Alta to Europe in 2017 and another one last year. Both by air. The transport in 2017 was fast (2 weeks), for a good price (1.100 USD) and no problem. Very contrary of the transport last year. The reason was that the rules for transport of lithium batteries have changed and there is no chance to get the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for ALTA batteries any more. It took 10 weeks, the price was more than double and a lot of additional problems (mainly because of the missing MSDS). I would suggest to try the sea transport which should be a little bit cheaper and easier regarding the rules.

Monza

yes no problem with sea transport , you only need to find a company which has some experience with bike transport.

ClutchDeBeer

I brought mine in from Nampa Idaho to Salzburg Austria with CFR Rinkens. Land freight to LA, LA to Bremen in Germany by sea, land freight to Salzburg. They knew exactly how to handle the whole procedure, paperwork, customs clearance etc.... look em up online. They have offices all over the world.