JW884 Video Thread

OK, a morning Coffee and a JW vid, I'll take that!.

3 hr drive!, blimey....what ever time did you leave?.

That track looked "difficult" even when it was dry.........and poor Eric, that was a nasty crash. Helmet cam footage would have been raw from that one. He was very, very lucky to be able to get up and walk away from that one - and still does the drive home, good on you Eric!. (Nearly forgiven him for the Harley comment!). How is he doing now?.

@33.41 I thought it was Zach Osborne giving a Alta battery lesson!. Wish I could hear more of what your saying as you go round as its interesting to know what's running through your mind.

You was really getting the hang of that fast section over the triple then into the big Tabletop, laying down some style too - even in the wet.

Glad you made the most of it while you was there, always shit when it rains halfway through a day & it turns to slop, welcome to riding in the U.K!.

Keep up the good work, The editing and time to make these I can relate to so much more now that I have actually had some time to sit down and start on the first vid for the track build - had a tooth removed and man, that's grounded me for a day or two let me say!.

JW884

OK, a morning Coffee and a JW vid, I'll take that!.

3 hr drive!, blimey....what ever time did you leave?.

That track looked "difficult" even when it was dry.........and poor Eric, that was a nasty crash. Helmet cam footage would have been raw from that one. He was very, very lucky to be able to get up and walk away from that one - and still does the drive home, good on you Eric!. (Nearly forgiven him for the Harley comment!). How is he doing now?.

@33.41 I thought it was Zach Osborne giving a Alta battery lesson!. Wish I could hear more of what your saying as you go round as its interesting to know what's running through your mind.

You was really getting the hang of that fast section over the triple then into the big Tabletop, laying down some style too - even in the wet.

Glad you made the most of it while you was there, always shit when it rains halfway through a day & it turns to slop, welcome to riding in the U.K!.

Keep up the good work, The editing and time to make these I can relate to so much more now that I have actually had some time to sit down and start on the first vid for the track build - had a tooth removed and man, that's grounded me for a day or two let me say!.
• Haha sounds like it's becoming a regular routine for you
• We left my house at 7am and got there at 10am. Not a bad drive, just a bit longer. Sadly, not tooo many places open on Fridays around here
• It was a little tricky with the with the very hardpacked sections, especially after it rained. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be by looking at it though
• Yeah Eric's crash was brutal. Glad I at least have a clip with the bike flipping as some proof. We planned on him driving home originally, and he was determined to stick to it. Haha that Harley comment was just a mistake. He knows but hard to arrange words sometimes while trying to ride quick and sort what he think of the bike. He's doing better but he's had one or two movements he did by accident and set back the progress a little bit. He'll give it about a month or so until he's riding again. Probably will get back to the jetski before moto.
• Haha yeah just about every time I go ride I get 3-5 people asking questions about the bike and Eric happened to be filming when I was talking to the guy. I could do a full commentary moto at some point and I can talk more if that would be interesting.
• That fast section was fun but I'm bummed it rained since I didn't hit the table to bump at the beginning off the section. And the Alta's suspension still isn't at a good enough point to hit it on that, or the triple after it.
• Yeah I'm sure you guys are used to it over there haha. And after that long of a drive and taking the day off work it was hard not to stay longer.
• Thank you! Yeah it takes quite a bit of time and effort to put the videos together but I enjoy it (most of the time lol) and hopefully others do too. That sounds painful! But you're right, sometimes you need a reason to sit down and give something a shot.

Reactions: #76

YZF450/Mount

AJ T-Shirt!.
I know that the track was small, and your friend trying to water it too jeez i was laughing, but he was going to get it done!, counter weight needed!.
FLAT LAND ALERT!, dude...was it broken or just apart?...
But what did you really think to the big Yam?, must have been very hard to get round there on it.
Thanks for the shout out in the last video, for the mount recommendation!. Its known as the #76 mount now as a few friend here have bought one too lol.

Marshfield

Ah so that's where the infamous jump-crash was from!, And You were so lucky your arm did not go into that rear wheel this last time on that crash where the other ride came over into your line, that could have been game over!.
What mount are you using?.
Very good starts!, that dude going in for the take out in open B!, did the number plate snap off? @18.11 that was a butt clenching few moments right there!. ...and how late home!?.

MX207

NO ALTA!?....Dude....explain yourself! lol.
How busy was it there!...but the crash, like you said ass on the seat and over you went, glad you was ok tho.
I liked that split lane option section, and damn the lads are fast off the gate!.
I had to laugh at riding to the gas station, if you did that here you would have the police on you before you could get into second gear!.
Ah, what a lady... "your a fast guy!".
....this also made me laugh when you said "nothing too noteworthy" - crashes everywhere! lol.

Glad your out there and having a go at it all, well done for the time and effort your putting into actually going and getting stuck in, and also for the time taken in the video editing and posts too. Good lad!, keep it up.

P.S. How is Eric doing after the crash?, would like a special report from him just for me please haha!. Hope he is back riding by now and feeling good.

JW884

@#76 YZF450/Mount
• Yeah I actually haven't been to any of his classes (signed up for one but had something come up) but I live a town over from where he grew up and used to see him all the time at the local practice track. And enjoy watching all his videos
• He's done it a bunch so I wasn't too worried about it haha. It got super sandy after they dug down a lot so it needed the water.
• It blew a bunch of the brass inserts out, so I had to do some plastic welding and some self tapping screws. It held up for a bit but I think I'll switch tto my spare. I think I'm also gonna try very soon to make a custom one or modify another brand subframe like Rebeaud's. If I do, I'll try to get photos and write some notes on it.
• It's really hard to judge a bike (especially a 450) on such a small track but it was alright. Personally I think they're a bit too wide and low for me and obviously too much power for that size track.
• No problem! I really enjoy using it but might have to trim the straps a bit since they are a bit too long. And I might start calling it the #76 mount too lol.
Marshfield
• Yeah that's still one of my crazier crashes and probably will be for a long time, especially for how it could've gone.
• Still using the #76 mount! Will likely use it till I faceplant and snap it of haha. Doesn't look like it would hold up during a crash like that, although I did at 207 and it survived!
• All the Alta power on the starts! (and a bit of reaction time I guess haha). Yeah he cut it pretty close!
• Yeah pulled the screws right out of the plastic. They're a pain, and another reason I can't wait to get another subframe figured out.
• Very tense few moments! Didn't think he would take so long to get into the corner and I was rushing to much to catch up and broke traction just a bit.
• Got home around 2am and went into work for 7:30am. Actually wasn't that tired the next day! Must've still been running on that adrenaline from the race.
MX207
• Haha! No Alta sadly since it was an AMA sanctioned race and I believe I wouldn't have been able to race it at all. (You'll see how dumb some of their rules are in the next video)
• Very busy! I had 38 racers in both of my classes. And yeah that crash was all on me and I know what I did wrong and definitely could have been worse.
• Yes the split lane is cool! I believe if were equally consistent in both, the inside would be faster, since you don't need to carry too much speed into the next corner. And they are! At least top 5-8 are Loretta Lynn's level racers so they're quick. I know my poor 250's stock clutch is on it's way out so that didn't help me much.
• I really debated putting it in cause I don't wanna get in trouble by the track owners or put any trouble on them but no way was I gonna be able to pack our camp setup, and drive out off there in a few minutes, just for a 2min drive. And it's Maine so I bet they're much more relaxed about a lot of those things.
• She's my #1 supporter that's for sure!
• Well nothing noteworthy about my ride lol. Those crashes were entertaining
• Gotta keep having fun! I'm trying to get more comfortable filming myself or with people watching. The editing is a bit of a pain sometimes (mainly when I'm not happy with the footage) and quite time consuming, but it's very rewarding when it turns out good. Thank you!

• Eric is doing much better! I'll see if he'll want to do one. And he's back on the jetski but hasn't riding since, just due to house work and life.

Reactions: #76

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I really like how happy your girlfriend looks sitting on the bike behind you. She is a keeper! 👩‍❤️‍👨
But man, doesn't she cook? Pizza on a race day??? C'mon! Tell her next time I want to see Tupperware with chicken breast and quinoa!

Crap! I almost crashed from a kitchen chair just watching these rutted whoops! Yellow flags all over the course!

Really good racing!!!

JW884

I really like how happy your girlfriend looks sitting on the bike behind you. She is a keeper! 👩‍❤️‍👨
But man, doesn't she cook? Pizza on a race day??? C'mon! Tell her next time I want to see Tupperware with chicken breast and quinoa!

Crap! I almost crashed from a kitchen chair just watching these rutted whoops! Yellow flags all over the course!

Really good racing!!!
Thanks! I'm glad she was in it a bit, I'd like to get her into more videos. She bakes all day at work so these are her off days and our excuses to eat out :ROFLMAO:
Yeah the whoops (and majority of the track) was a lot tougher this year. Kind of a bummer for me cause I'm pretty decent in whoops like they had previously.
Thank you! glad it went the way it did

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
You seem to always be letting someone by on the inside every time you take an outside line. The Alta brakes great, and accelerates great. You should take the inside lines more often.

And stay away from those right rear corners of the bikes ahead of you, LOL!!!

Great videos! Thank you for sharing, Jason! (y)

JW884

You seem to always be letting someone by on the inside every time you take an outside line. The Alta brakes great, and accelerates great. You should take the inside lines more often.

And stay away from those right rear corners of the bikes ahead of you, LOL!!!

Great videos! Thank you for sharing, Jason! (y)
Yeah I know I should have taken more insides, just really preferred the inside before the finish and too much PTSD from the mid air collision on that jump from getting cross jumped a couple of years ago haha.
Think I did pretty well on it this weekend though! And I'll have that video out in a week or two.
And no problem and thank you for watching! Still getting asked about the bike at least 3-5 times every race day:ricky: