Newbie Here!

Scooter584

try plugging into a non GFCI wall receptacle? I dont know, mine in my garage are non GFCI so I don't have a problem. The cord has one built into it I think I wonder if you're getting nuisance trip? anyone else have a problem plugging into a Gfci?

Vntgmbk

try plugging into a non GFCI wall receptacle? I dont know, mine in my garage are non GFCI so I don't have a problem. The cord has one built into it I think I wonder if you're getting nuisance trip? anyone else have a problem plugging into a Gfci?
The GFCI isn't tripping as the green light stays on. The display says starting.... then I hear a click from the bike and then the display says stopped .. code103

Scooter584

ahh my bad I might've missed the code 103... I do believe that means you need to update the firmware on the bike for for the rapid charger? there a re a few threads for this on this forum, most have lead to needing updated firmware. if you use the "quick search" bar on the home page for code 103 you'll see some threads there. hopefully someone close to you has a laptop with MT on it....if not I do have one but I'm located in Iowa I can loan it to you, you cover shipping.

snydes

Staff member
Ok got the cord sorted out and I put a 5-15p 120v end on it. Plugged it into the bike then into the outlet, pushed the reset on the GFCI and got the green light. Turned the key heard the fluid pump running then flipped the run switch on and it said starting.... for 5 seconds or so then I heard a click then it said stopped.... Code 103. After I shut the key off I noticed some blue led lights blinking above the battery?

View attachment 8071
As Scooter and others stated above, firmware needs to be updated so your bike is compatible with your charger (that charger was the newer version).

standbyu

If I'm interpreting the pictures correctly, it looks like the 240v wall plug has been removed from the cable. (See red arrows in the pic below.) They would need to be reconnected. Alternatively, you could just attach a 120v standard wall plug directly to the cable. I'll link a video below.

The bike end of the charger (blue arrow) plugs into the bike under the rubber flap just in front of the seat. I'll also link a video on how to connect the bike to the charger.

View attachment 8044

Here is a video on how to make an adapter to for the 240v plug. But you can also use the same schematic to just put a 120v plug on the end of the wire using the green, black and white wire.

Here is a video on how the charger connects to the bike. This one is using an adapter to go from the 240v plug to a 120v plug (as described in the previously linked video), but shows where you plug the bike in and how to get the charging process started.

There are quite a few Alta folks in PA, so I would think we can get you goDoes it make any difference whether the black or white conductor on the charger side is energized?

If I'm interpreting the pictures correctly, it looks like the 240v wall plug has been removed from the cable. (See red arrows in the pic below.) They would need to be reconnected. Alternatively, you could just attach a 120v standard wall plug directly to the cable. I'll link a video below.

The bike end of the charger (blue arrow) plugs into the bike under the rubber flap just in front of the seat. I'll also link a video on how to connect the bike to the charger.

View attachment 8044

Here is a video on how to make an adapter to for the 240v plug. But you can also use the same schematic to just put a 120v plug on the end of the wire using the green, black and white wire.

Here is a video on how the charger connects to the bike. This one is using an adapter to go from the 240v plug to a 120v plug (as described in the previously linked video), but shows where you plug the bike in and how to get the charging process started.

There are quite a few Alta folks in PA, so I would think we can get you going.
How much charge efficiency is lost?