Noob SM ?’s , promo bike? LHRB?

Sleeperbimmer

Hello all, I did some digging before I posted but couldnt find what I needed.

I have a few questions that maybe a more experienced owner or perhaps former employee might know.

I picked up an SM a week ago. I love it. I bought it from a fella who moved here from Cali. He said he knew someone from the company and he ordered the bike to be all white. There are no decals on the bike. Now, perhaps he took them off or maybe he really knew them and ordered it like that.

Whats odd is that the upright to the tail section is usually red, and on this bike it is white. I also found my vin to be one of the 10 that was listed under “marketing/sales” perhaps because it was never registered to the end user? I guess I wanted to know if this is some kind of marketing or promo bike?

Secondly, is there a factory looking brembo left hand rear brake assembly I can buy somewhere? Maybe for a ktm? I cant find an Alta one anywhere.

Last question is does anyone have a clean way to do a shaved rear on the SM? It seems the factory tailight and turn signal housing is one giant piece. I dont want to hack it up because these SM’s are kinda rare.

Thanks guys, cheers!

IMG_1470.jpeg

HadesOmega

As far as I know they only made the SMs in white and red. It's not too hard to get a white subframe.

You can piece together a kit with a KTM master cylinder and recently you might be able to use a Varg LHRB. There is the OX brake also. I have a build thread going in the Builds sub forum, I got my SM a few months ago and have been racing with it. I'm still trying to get a LHRB for mine I'm either going to go with the OX brake or Varg setup. If I go the Varg route I was planning to use the master cylinder assembly and brake line. You can get them for around $200.

There are still parts you can get from Liquid Performance as well.