Northeast Alta Rally

privateer703

AOF Addict
I'm hoping to check out Rock Run, Reading, Anthracite, and a few trails this summer. Possible Majestic too. PA has a number of trails that allow ATV but prohibit motorcycles?? What gives?

snydes

Staff member
I'm hoping to check out Rock Run, Reading, Anthracite, and a few trails this summer. Possible Majestic too. PA has a number of trails that allow ATV but prohibit motorcycles?? What gives?

I think it has to do with registration issues between the two. On the flip side there are a number of places for registered dual sports only such as Bald Eagle State Park.

mrs. snydes

We have been to the Seven Mountains. It is for licensed dual sports. Nice scenery easy ride. FRO AOAA and Tower City are all the same terrain. Tower City is very expensive. FRO has 20,000 acres. The one spot is cool. You can outlaw it into Centralia and ride the Graffiti highway.

snydes

Staff member
Additionally one of our favorite Pennsylvania MX practice tracks in the south west of the state has a nice trail system attached and would be very accommodating to a group if anyone is interested in that. There is an area to camp, but it would be all dry camping. Just another option.

snydes

Staff member
We are only a few weeks away from our Alta gathering at @Matt ’s property. Aside from myself and my mrs., I only am aware that @OneLapper has committed. I heard @Philip might be showing up and there is a slight chance @Bloak might make an appearance out of the north. Who did I miss?

Any of our other Northeast Alta friends thinking about making the trip? We should start talking about preparations awhile!

I’m looking forward to it!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Pencil me in! If it's not rainy or muddy I will try to join you.

What's the agenda? When and where are we meeting, staying, riding, and leaving?

snydes

Staff member
Sounds like we are arriving Friday. Onelapper will have his party bus, I’ll be bringing my RV. Nothing set in stone yet. We’d like to do a night ride and test the lighting for the race and I think we should try doing one of these just for fun...

If Bloak is able to come, and if Matt has a workbench we can use we might be doing an impromptu battery clinic and get Bloaks code 36 taken care of.

photon

@OneLapper and @snydes along with some family are coming to ride at tall pines and stay at some land I have nearby on May 31st-June 2nd. There will be 5 Alta riders there as of now. All other Northeastern Alta riders are welcome to attend. Please message me if you are interested in coming and I can give you location details. The camp (how I refer to the land my family owns) has a barn with power and a motocross track build last year. Tall Pines is about 45-50 minutes away.

Thanks,
-Matt
I can probably make it if i buy an Alta! lol, is it wise to get one now? knowing if you brake it can't fix it? I'm on the fence may need a nudge! lol

snydes

Staff member
I can probably make it if i buy an Alta! lol, is it wise to get one now? knowing if you brake it can't fix it? I'm on the fence may need a nudge! lol
You’re asking the wrong group of nut jobs... we have been able to so far keep bikes running. It’s not as easy as walking into a dealership though. Lots of new owners since the shutdown, these bikes are so good, it’s a travesty they went under.

photon

You’re asking the wrong group of nut jobs... we have been able to so far keep bikes running. It’s not as easy as walking into a dealership though. Lots of new owners since the shutdown, these bikes are so good, it’s a travesty they went under.
Huge travesty, it doesn't even make sense, it sounds like to me someone sold out! i may be a new owner of a MXR! will see!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on the fence may need a nudge! lol
Get yourself a great, fast, fun, no-maintenance and quiet electric dirt bike while they are cheap!

Most of us paid the full MSRP plus state tax, and we still don't regret. Looking at how much money went into developing these bikes, each is a $70,000 dollar bike.

Mikec265

I am very sad to announce that I will be stuck hauling chemicals that weekend. I really wanted to go, but being self employed there isn't anyone else to cover for me when they need both of my trucks. I only work about 100 days a year, and not many weekends..... For what it's worth, anyone can come ride an Alta at my track anytime. No cost but I might need help watering. I also have a very big and safe peewee/pitbike track. The big track jumps should be done by July. Edinboro, PA which is near Erie, PA. Hillside riding club is only 15 minutes away too.