OX-Hydra brake LHRB

ajordan282

Got my LHRB from Ox on last night. Fitment is a little weird, the LHRB slave cylinder is too tight on the return spring. I'm going to take it back apart tonight and space the Rear MC in towards the swingarm, and space the Ox slave cylinder in accordingly.

I did test ride it as is, and I must say - it works and feels awesome.

synics

Do you mean the rekluse? I’ve looked into it. What makes it so much better?
No I mean the actual brembo clutch master cylinder with the KTM steel braided line. You have to remove the rear foot brake and run the line directly to the brake caliper. It makes breaking so much easier you can barely have to touch it with one finger you can easily lock the wheel right up. Watch this video where electrobrap installs his. The only difference is I ran the line through my frame not on the outside for a cleaner install and you don't have to remove the fairing or anything.

ajordan282

No I mean the actual brembo clutch master cylinder with the KTM steel braided line. You have to remove the rear foot brake and run the line directly to the brake caliper. It makes breaking so much easier you can barely have to touch it with one finger you can easily lock the wheel right up. Watch this video where electrobrap installs his. The only difference is I ran the line through my frame not on the outside for a cleaner install and you don't have to remove the fairing or anything.
Ah, gotcha. I wanted to retain the foot brake for various reasons, so that’s why I went the Ox route. I don’t know if you’ve used the Ox Hydra 2.0 they just released but it actually requires almost no effort to lock up. And no bleeding to install, super easy takes about 5 min - I may go back and space the MC and Ox piece in though as the ox piece is tight on the return spring as installed.

synics

Ah, gotcha. I wanted to retain the foot brake for various reasons, so that’s why I went the Ox route. I don’t know if you’ve used the Ox Hydra 2.0 they just released but it actually requires almost no effort to lock up. And no bleeding to install, super easy takes about 5 min - I may go back and space the MC and Ox piece in though as the ox piece is tight on the return spring as installed.
Yes I have that newest pro version of the ox brake on my KTM 350 xcf. Trust me when I tell you that thing is not even anywhere close to being as nice as the brembo break. It takes three times the force to lock up the wheel with the ox brake, especially since the master cylinder is a quarter of the size and the brake line isn't steel and it's half the size so obviously you're not going to get anywhere near the braking power. Once you try the brembo you will never want to use the foot break again I guarantee it. It's just so much easier and intuitive with the handbrake that actually is that easy to use.

F451

Got my LHRB from Ox on last night. Fitment is a little weird, the LHRB slave cylinder is too tight on the return spring. I'm going to take it back apart tonight and space the Rear MC in towards the swingarm, and space the Ox slave cylinder in accordingly.

I did test ride it as is, and I must say - it works and feels awesome.

I'll be unwrapping my Ox LHRB for Christmas, looking forward to trying to trying it out on the MXR. I have a cobbled together LHRB on it now, retained the rear brake, but its not as firm at the lever as I would like. Hoping the Ox is better, I like the simple design.

Let us know how you like it once you get a few miles on it.

ajordan282

Yes I have that newest pro version of the ox brake on my KTM 350 xcf. Trust me when I tell you that thing is not even anywhere close to being as nice as the brembo break. It takes three times the force to lock up the wheel with the ox brake, especially since the master cylinder is a quarter of the size and the brake line isn't steel and it's half the size so obviously you're not going to get anywhere near the braking power. Once you try the brembo you will never want to use the foot break again I guarantee it. It's just so much easier and intuitive with the handbrake that actually is that easy to use.
My bikes are all whores that I share with people of various ages, genders, skill levels. As such, I feel that not having a foot brake on a bike that can be tough to get parts for is an unnecessary liability (if you are catching my drift), but that's just me! Glad you like the Brembo unit, if I eventually find myself disappointed with the Ox may give it a try. I do like the Rekluse unit as well.

But for now, I love the Ox. I have about 3 hours on it and it does what I want when I want it to.