Rear tire options

ReVolter

I have about 15 hours on my Varg, and about 10% of the knobs on the rear tire have been torn off. Otherwise, the tire is wearing well. Has anyone found replacement tires the hold up better? The stock tires for the MX version are Pirelli Scorpion MX32 110/90-19 Mid Soft.

happyinmotion

Tyre choice depends so much on what terrain you're riding and how long you want it to last.

Round here I'm riding enduro in dank slippery forest. Everyone uses the Mitas XT754 soft gummy with Tubliss at 3 psi. That's unbeatable for our ground but it'll last maybe five minutes on a hard MX track.

ReVolter

Tyre choice depends so much on what terrain you're riding and how long you want it to last.

Round here I'm riding enduro in dank slippery forest. Everyone uses the Mitas XT754 soft gummy with Tubliss at 3 psi. That's unbeatable for our ground but it'll last maybe five minutes on a hard MX track.
Sorry, I assumed that the use case would be obvious as Motocross since other uses would not be tearing tires apart.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@TCMB371 Brian and I switched coasts. He moved east and I moved west. I am running his favorite Bridgestone Soft/Intermediate tires on my local Arizona and SoCal hardpack tracks. I am wondering if he switched to Dunlop Soft tires on his new East Coast home tracks.

Try Bridgestone X31 if your local track is a hardpack that tears knobs off. These tires are soft/intermediate but they still work okay if the track gets a little muddy.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Still prefer the Bridgestone Battlecross X31 here, although some tracks here are really soft and somewhat sandy. The x31 is just a great, all around tire. I have a set of Battlecross x10s ready to try for the ClubMX open house where it's quite soft.