Someone in Europe, who has a ALTA SM? Chargingissue!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
C5tor where'd you find such a relevant gif? LMAO! I owe you dinner and drinks at my restaurant if your ever around. Lmk if your ever hungry for Asian food on the mendonoma coast@searanch
Start with the punchline, then work your way backwards. It also helps if you have an encyclopedic knowledge of useless 1980’s film & TV quotes taking up most of your essential brain space.

Silenthorse

Start with the punchline, then work your way backwards. It also helps if you have an encyclopedic knowledge of useless 1980’s film & TV quotes taking up most of your essential brain space.
A very Worthy use of space IMHO! Next level...up there with the greats. Reminds me of a great friend, his essential skill at squallywood is psych therapy/comedy relief for alot of the podium athletes.

wwmotors

Yes. Respect the the men who made it all possible!
Sorry, saw the reply late: I sold the SM to Austria (BRP Rotax!) Thea charged it with my self built inverter several times and then it wont charge any more. They never found the problem, but they charged the bike with rcuperation on the dyno! I think, the onboardcharger was damaged somehow, like in other threads here in the Forum.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Sorry, saw the reply late: I sold the SM to Austria (BRP Rotax!) Thea charged it with my self built inverter several times and then it wont charge any more. They never found the problem, but they charged the bike with rcuperation on the dyno! I think, the onboardcharger was damaged somehow, like in other threads here in the Forum.

There is so much wha? in this post.

Self built inverter - Charger to Inverter to wall?
Recuperation on the dyno - you mean regen?

wwmotors

There is so much wha? in this post.

Self built inverter - Charger to Inverter to wall?
Recuperation on the dyno - you mean regen?
I bought an inverter from 240 to 110 Volt, because the bike refused to charge with 240 Volts here in Germany. I changed all the plugs and cables, so that charging worked like I would charge the SM in the US powernet. That worked pretty good. Then i sold it to BRP Rotax. They charged it several times until it quit. ("No ground detected" error) And yes, they charged it on the dyno with regen, because they had no other solution and needed the bike for a demoride for the bosses of the company!
I dont know, why BRP Rotax bought the SM and another EX (both streetlegal for the EU) at my shop. Also the workers could not tell me some details about the reasons of the deal.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
I bought an inverter from 240 to 110 Volt, because the bike refused to charge with 240 Volts here in Germany. I changed all the plugs and cables, so that charging worked like I would charge the SM in the US powernet. That worked pretty good. Then i sold it to BRP Rotax. They charged it several times until it quit. ("No ground detected" error) And yes, they charged it on the dyno with regen, because they had no other solution and needed the bike for a demoride for the bosses of the company!
I dont know, why BRP Rotax bought the SM and another EX (both streetlegal for the EU) at my shop. Also the workers could not tell me some details about the reasons of the deal.

The SM charger issue sounds similar to the issues we have had here.

BRP Rotax...Aka BRP probably like all companies were probably curious about the tech and redshift 1.0 package (which they ended up procuring).

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator

BRP Rotax...Aka BRP probably like all companies were probably curious about the tech and redshift 1.0 package (which they ended up procuring).
BRP must have been really pissed that their charger didn’t work. So they bought the company just to get a charger that worked. ;)

wwmotors

The ALTA Tech was in fact very interesting: Also BMW bought a MXR at my shop. They disasembled it, completed it again, did some tests and sold it to a user at the end!

Roadking

Turns out it just needed a software update I am so happy!
Hi Silenthorse, I got the “ AC ground not detected “ as you did for the first time in three years. Never before on my ‘18 SM. You said the update firmware fixed. Can you give me some details on that please. Don’t have multitool. Hoping if that’s the fix I will travel to get update done. Thanks for your help in advance.
RK