Stark Frankenstein kickstand fix

Magoo69

The kickstand issue was annoying me so I made a temporary extension for now till Stark comes out with a proper length kickstand. I looked for an aftermarket option but I couldn’t find one long enough. I added 2”… it’s a little long on hard surfaces but will work good on dirt. It looks hackish but it works for now.

On a side note, I can’t believe Stark, as good as their engineering is, completely missed the mark on the kickstand by 1.75” - 2”. Kinda shocking 😳.IMG_1244.jpegIMG_1245.jpeg

spidartanks

Hi Magoo69!

I asked the STARKfuture support.
The new sidestand will be ready May 2024.
Then they start do deliver the substitute on their costs.
We will see!
Maybe they could use your "personal design" ;-))
Wow, so you are telling me they will be sending me another kick stand to replace this one? if so this is good news

AL_V

Wow, so you are telling me they will be sending me another kick stand to replace this one? if so this is good news
You should definitely contact Stark, because according to this February 5 email from them, they will be replacing the bracket, in which case, you will need a new stand as well.

1) I have read that the original footpegs had many breakage failures, and that there is a new stronger design.
Is this correct, and will I be getting a bike with the newer stronger ones?
That's solved, Allen, you'll receive the new ones.

2) Also read that the kickstand was too short, has this been corrected in time for my bike? The problem is in the bracket that holds the stand. We still don't have it ready as provider hasn't shipped us anything yet. There will be a recall when we have them and you'll be informed so you can change it for free. That's the info I have today. Feel free to contact our support dept https://starkfuture.com/support in this case.

spidartanks

Thanks for the help thats great information. i will reach out to Stark now and see what they say. I know i did have to ask for a certificate of orgin to register my bike so maybe each person with issues needs to reach out about the kick stand too?

Magoo69

Hi Magoo69!

I asked the STARKfuture support.
The new sidestand will be ready May 2024.
Then they start do deliver the substitute on their costs.
We will see!
Maybe they could use your "personal design" ;-))
Thanks for the info. I’ll reach out to them about the replacement kickstand.

mike61

My side stand solution following the idea from our Swedish friend in his video.
Not easy to drill the 5mm hole, but only 1 drill broken;-))

20240302_174151.jpg

20240302_174159.jpg

20240302_174321.jpg

20240302_174343.jpg

20240302_174357.jpg

blbills

Can you tell me the thickness of the head of the bolt you used to shim the kickstand?

Also any pictures directly from the side with the bike on the kickstand?