Stark Varg foot or hand brake?

Stark Varg - Which brake potion did you choose?

• Hand Brake

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Foot Brake

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Hand Brake - I may add the foot brake later

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Foot Brake - I may add the hand brake later

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I can't make up my mind, help me!!!

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

TheLHRBguy

Forum's Sponsor
I really wish there was the "Both Brakes" option. I really want two brakes!

This is very likely the same Brembo master and slave cylinders as on the Alta. So the dual brake option, as described here, should work perfectly.

I ordered the hand brake option. But I think I made a mistake. I might have to change to the foot brake option.
There is an option. We will provide it. Cheers!

TheLHRBguy

Forum's Sponsor
Philip, looks like with the hand brake you get both. Might want to send them a email and ask them?

View attachment 8072
Your top arrow is the line to the rear Master Cylinder (from the rear caliper).... no dual option (look at the order page... you have to pick "foot" or "hand" ). However, we are already have one that will work. We are just going to match the Left hand rear brake master cylinder to match the correct Brembo front master cylinder brake for aesthetics + feel..... we already work closely with Brembo. We have a busy Q1... we are releasing 4-6 new LHRB models... this one is a cinch for us. Any further questions please direct them to support@oxbrake.com.

TheLHRBguy

Forum's Sponsor
I really wish there was the "Both Brakes" option. I really want two brakes!

This is very likely the same Brembo master and slave cylinders as on the Alta. So the dual brake option, as described here, should work perfectly.

I ordered the hand brake option. But I think I made a mistake. I might have to change to the foot brake option.
I would suggest changing to the foot. You can always add a LHRB. We willl have one on their release date, or they will offer it.

Swank171

Phillip, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm happy to give any of the forum members a 20% discount + free shipping. As soon as I have that code + the Alta Install instructions.... I'll post it.

Thank you!
I’m ready to order my OX setup for my stark! Let me know!

Magoo69

It’s easy to add the hand brake after the fact.

That’s what I did. That way when my buddies ride my Stark they can feel comfortable.

I ordered it with the foot brake, then I purchased a Brembo clutch master cylinder, added a line to the rear brake master cylinder and used a Clake adapter. +/- $200

I’ve had a LHRB for years on my 300 XC and love it.

I only use the hand brake on the Stark as that’s what I’m used to but it’s nice to have both.

IMG_1281.png

IMG_1282.png

IMG_1283.jpeg

IMG_1284.jpeg

mbw479

I ordered with the foot brake and added the hand brake so I have both, I rarely use the hand brake but it is handy when going through deep ruts, especially on downhills. Probably be good if you get stuck on a hill as well...