SUR-RON MX

F451

I wish the Light Bee was physically larger all around, I'd snap one up in a heartbeat. At 6'5", its no bueno para mi.

Meanwhile I'm waiting on the Ubco FRX1 and the CZEM Drill One to be released in the US, but I'm not to confident I'll fit any better on one of those. Damn it, Lol.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I wish the Light Bee was physically larger all around, I'd snap one up in a heartbeat. At 6'5", its no bueno para mi.

Meanwhile I'm waiting on the Ubco FRX1 and the CZEM Drill One to be released in the US, but I'm not to confident I'll fit any better on one of those. Damn it, Lol.
You're making me appreciate having short legs, for once they are making bikes that fit me!

BostonB

Yea it would feel too small for me if I was 6' 5", I'm 5' 10" around 145, Luna just came out with a seat riser though.....it raises the seat 2.4".

mr.skywalker

You're making me appreciate having short legs, for once they are making bikes that fit me!
Same here, finally a bike that fits me great and I can actually manage the weight lol When I toss my 120lbs body around it actually has a noticeable impact to what the bike does
My gas bike is now a kx100 and its great going down to light bikes after 15yrs of always fighting big bikes and them winning haha

I have a surron that I am currently working out some issues with a BAC4000 to get the needed power out of it then I'm going to start tackling the suspension for the added speed. I think I blew my shock out at the last arena cross race where I was hitting some 30+ft doubles and cased it a few times in practice.

F451

It's probably time for me to stop posting how I'm a tall freak of nature and don't fit on x e-dirt bike and just accept it, Lol.

I can just barely fit on a regular full sized dirt bike, but not on so many of the e-dirt bikes, that's what's killing me. Oh well.

Waiting on Honda, KTM, Yamaha to release a full sized Alta killer. Waiting...

Butch

Poseur
It kinda cracks me up... i have always been amongst the “shrimps” in my class. the dynamic only changed in college because I could rail skiing cause I was short. Then as I got back into the moto, being small seemed to work well.

touching the ground is overrated. what, a dab? It is a fault. I try to ride all day standing up without ever putting a foot down. I be a technical snob perhaps

Butch

Poseur
This was my first real motorcycle. I had a Bonanza minibike with a Hodaka motor. i sold tit to Eric Garretson. His dad won LeMans with Brian Redmond back in the day. I had no clue.

I still have no clue, but at least of that I am aware.

I was looking for a relevant pic, but, then...
oh, I cant touch the ground...

1B723B0A-82FB-4118-9CCC-3AD8DF80412E.jpeg

F451

This was my first real motorcycle. I had a Bonanza minibike with a Hodaka motor. i sold tit to Eric Garretson. His dad won LeMans with Brian Redmond back in the day. I had no clue.

I still have no clue, but at least of that I am aware.

I was looking for a relevant pic, but, then...
oh, I cant touch the ground...

Ha ha, that is awesome. clueless youth memories, the best.

Udo Gietl, the engine builder for the '70's BMW Superbike effort out of Butler & Smith in New Jersey lived up the street from me. I remember seeing his personal R90 I think it was, it had a custom blue suede seat that his mother had sewn up for him. I knew he was a BMW mechanic, but had no idea he was involved at the level he was.

And my across the street neighbor was the late Roger Weston who brought Arai Helmets to the US as their president (his son now runs the operation out of Florida). He was super quiet, never said a word, had a killer CZ mx bike I think it was. Mrs. Weston used to bring over helmets for me and my brothers, gave them to us, top of the line Arai helmets. She used to also drop off shopping bags full of moto magazines.

She also gave us a couple of sweet leather riding jackets, one was blue with white lettering on the back "Amol Precision Dumont NJ". We had it in the family for years. She also gave me this killer poster, it was a huger poster, had it in my bedroom for years, I believe its Reg Pridmore at Daytona in '72. Mr. Weston helped me get a few rag tag bikes running, and of course Mrs. Weston was always so generous to us, we weren't exactly wealthy. Great memories.

Pridmore_750.jpg

F451

bonanza typhoon...cool little bike. I had a steen minicycle with a hodaka engine. it's hard to believe that at one time a 100cc bike ruled in the desert. hodaka super rat!!!

Is this it? I don't recall ever seeing those in my neck of the woods, cool little bike.

index.php