Table Tennis Serve Rule

ozzey92

Hey everyone, I know this forum is mainly focused on electric bikes, but I wanted to start an off-topic discussion about something that's been on my mind lately:
Table Tennis Serve Rules: Everything You Need to Know

As a table tennis enthusiast, I find the serve rule to be a fascinating and often debated aspect of the game. The rule states that the ball must be held in the open palm of the server's hand, which must be above the level of the playing surface. The ball must then be thrown upwards at least 6 inches and struck so that it first bounces on the server's side of the table and then clears the net and bounces on the opponent's side.

But what do you all think about this rule? Do you think it's fair? Do you think it could be improved in any way? Have you ever experienced someone violating the serve rule in a game of table tennis? Let's discuss it!

Number Six

Personally, I distrust both gravity & geometry .. as such, I have no strongly held opinions on this particular topic.
I can say this though ; Table tennis, regardless of serve technique, gets exponentially more enjoyable as several well mixed manhattans are consumed.

Here's the recipe ;
  • 2 PARTS Knob Creek® Bourbon or Knob Creek® Rye Whiskey
  • 1/2 PART sweet vermouth
  • 2-3 DASHES Angostura® Bitters
  • Maraschino cherry for garnish
  1. Pour the whiskey, sweet vermouth and bitters into a mixing glass filled with ice.
  2. Stir until the mixing glass is very cold to touch.
  3. Place the ice and maraschino cherry in a rocks glass, then strain the shaker over the fresh ice.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
I'm not sure how table tennis leads to a recipe for a whiskey drink, but thanks for another great idea for enjoying whiskey!

B. FRANK

I've always kinda just dropped the ball and hit it before it hit the table. ps too much vermouth although it should be made to taste and if you use bourbon it's not really a Manhattan. just sayin...ps no bitters in the recipe but a nice touch to mellow all that vermouth.

Top Bottom