General The “Silent” minority

MotoHead

As a long time racer, I’ve had mini bikes to 125 2-smokes to super built 450s. The sport has changed and I believe it will be making a big change to e-bikes soon. This being my first post, I’m here because @dcoxryton told me about it on YouTube, I just wanted to know what others have experienced with local race organizers and the e-bikes. I want to race an e-bike at Loretta Lynn’s but at the moment the AMA is standing in the way. Are y’all being allowed to race or are you even trying to race at all?

MotoHead

I’m not arguing that the should be allowed in a 125, 250 or 450 class. I’m saying they should be allowed in the “Open” class. Like age group classes.

MotoHead

I think it woulds honestly come down to the sanctioning body of the race then. If it's not for points or whatever and they're not concerned about an 80hp bike running against an 18hp 230F, etc. then I would think it's a bit of a free-for-all. It's mostly a safety and predictability concern.

If you're racing a 125 in a 250F class, it might be okay. But they might not let you ride it against 450s because you can't keep up (this is, of course, purely anecdotal, i'm just giving a scenario that might be easy to conceptualize).
I would agree with you but I raced a 125 in the Vet classes for years against 450’s. The only reason is the fact that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and KTM don’t sell one yet.