The Alta Factory LHRB

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
If anyone is interested we do have the brake hose and I will post it on eBay tomorrow and link it in this thread. We don't have any Brembo left hand brake lever and master cylinders though.
@ayden_kry
Oooo! Me me me! I need two! I am building a bike for my sons, so gathering parts to set it up for them.

Dropped you an email.

ayden_kry

Forum's Sponsor
Wow, you guys have been busy over the last few days adding new Alta items to your eBay store. Glad you are getting to unboxing of the good stuff!

At this point we have all the parts inventoried and put on shelfs, Now its just a matter of taking photos of each item and listing them on eBay. We're hoping to have them all listed on eBay within the next couple of weeks. Appreciate all the patience from everyone. It's been a wild ride the last few months between moving warehouse, getting new inventory along with keeping up on day to day needs.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
For those of you looking to recreate the Alta LHRB (where you eliminate the rear brake pedal and rear master cylinder) the hose part is listed above from Liquid Performance.

Per @Rashid510, the lever/master cylinder part was this one from the Brembo Catalog:

1582847013508.png
Unfortunately, that was from the 2014 Brembo catalog, and that part number doesn't seem to apply to anything anymore.

But it appears to be the same part as this one: 54802030144
Amazon Part # 54802030144

At least they look the same and have the same specs. I'm picking one up an giving it a try.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Does anyone have a copy of the little instruction book that came with the Alta LHRB? I know there are some Vids from folks like @ElectroBraap.

But it would be nice to put the instructions in the Resources section. Could somebody that has a copy of one please scan it or take a few pics and post them? I think it is only a few pages long.
1582847785940.png

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
The KTM part number for the left had brake master cylinder is 79202030044. It's a 9mm bore, not a 10mm that most of the bikes use for the clutch.

The Brembo pn number for the 9mm is 10.9203.49

The KTM part is the Brembo part.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
For those of you looking to recreate the Alta LHRB (where you eliminate the rear brake pedal and rear master cylinder) the hose part is listed above from Liquid Performance.

Per @Rashid510, the lever/master cylinder part was this one from the Brembo Catalog:

View attachment 4818
Unfortunately, that was from the 2014 Brembo catalog, and that part number doesn't seem to apply to anything anymore.

But it appears to be the same part as this one: 54802030144
Amazon Part # 54802030144

At least they look the same and have the same specs. I'm picking one up an giving it a try.

This is not the correct MC. This one is 10mm. It'll work, but Alta used a 9mm in the factory kit.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
The cylinder bore is 9mm vs 10mm. The banjo fitting is the same for both units.

If understand the hydraulics correctly, the smaller bore and piston give a higher pressure for the given amount of piston travel and force applied by the hand to the lever.

So, the 9mm unit will apply a higher force to the brake caliper, given the same input force on the lever and same piston movement. That applies more force to the brake caliper pistons for better braking.

Some people have said that they cannot lock up the rear tire with the LHRB. In one case I verified that the bike had a 10mm master cylinder, not the 9mm. That could be the difference.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
The cylinder bore is 9mm vs 10mm. The banjo fitting is the same for both units.

If understand the hydraulics correctly, the smaller bore and piston give a higher pressure for the given amount of piston travel and force applied by the hand to the lever.

So, the 9mm unit will apply a higher force to the brake caliper, given the same input force on the lever and same piston movement. That applies more force to the brake caliper pistons for better braking.

Some people have said that they cannot lock up the rear tire with the LHRB. In one case I verified that the bike had a 10mm master cylinder, not the 9mm. That could be the difference.
Well, I guess I will find out. I ordered both 9mm and 10mm. I guess I'll test them and see how they feel for my purposes.

My main problem with the stock foot brake is it is either on or off, and it has zero feel. It just locks up no matter how softly I press it. That was why I was going to try the hand brake (plus my son isn't experienced with foot brakes.)

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
Well, I guess I will find out. I ordered both 9mm and 10mm. I guess I'll test them and see how they feel for my purposes.

My main problem with the stock foot brake is it is either on or off, and it has zero feel. It just locks up no matter how softly I press it. That was why I was going to try the hand brake (plus my son isn't experienced with foot brakes.)

I have no problem locking up the rear wheel when I want to with the 9mm MC. Actually, the feel/feedback/modulation is fantastic