TKO ECR eMoto

privateer703

AOF Addict
So no one has mentioned this at all, but I think there has to be at least a couple of Alta's entering this event. But the sad thing is if I'm reading this article correctly the eMoto class will only have 20 riders in it... why limit the number of riders?? But I guess it doesn't matter anyway because the TKO website shows that there are still spots available. The article states that the course is about 14 mi and they have a 2.5 hr limit. You can read it here:
ECR eMoto Class Added to 2022 Red Bull TKO Hard Enduro
With only 20 people in the race... and not even that many currently registered... I'm almost thinking of trying it myself (Aug 14-16) even though I probably couldn't complete the course in the 2.5 hr time limit and then give the Alta a bad name, but only because I'm not a very good rider.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
They are supposed to be highlighting the light bee in this category... Still a shame they can't even fill that few slots. If it were a cooler time of year, I would love to give it a try.

snydes

Staff member
Really cool that you are trying this! Be sure to take lots of pictures! Can only think of one technical enduro guy, and he’s across the world (@Oded ), so I’m pretty sure he can’t join the party! @wildman240 has done a couple 24 hour races now, not sure how he’d feel about a hard enduro though. August in Tennessee will be rough, get yourself a big camelback!

Oded

I'd install a closed hand guard set (I use Cycra).
Suitable tires - the stock "6 days extreme" are good for that. They just don't last long.
Take off the rear fender with the lights and license number.

snydes

Staff member
I feel like the bike should survive quite well bone stock, but ideally as Oded stated closed end barkbuster style hand guards will save your hands and a lot of broken levers. Proper tires and either a foam bib insert or tubbliss system will maximize traction which will be a key for the slippery Tennessee terrain. Other optional items which I would want would be front and rear (mainly rear) disk protection and SXS skid plate with linkage protection. I’m anxious to hear how the course looks for the e-class, the electric will be awesome for the slow, technical stuff. While the ICE bikes are all overheating, the electric bike doesn’t care!

privateer703

AOF Addict
I'm taking all my lights off, I've got wrap around hand guards, sxs skid plate, adding rear disc guard. I'm going to have a new rear tire put on by the kenda tire vendor, I've got tubliss installed, I'll have them put in a new bladder. Otherwise it's a bone stock mxr.

Oded

Sounds like you're ready.
Perhaps soften the suspension. I have the EX's 4cs which is great for Enduro.
I think the MXR's suspension is stiffer and tuned for motocross.

DonCox

There will be Surrons in the Emoto class,, since Surron is one of the partners of the TKO. My friend Mark at XEMX1.com is entering 2 of his bikes in the enduro. I am sure there will be a lot of Alta's also in the race. Should be some exciting video afterwards.

enjoythesilenc

What will the course actually look like? Is Mr perronaud a member here? I think he's the organizer and I saw a video of him recently showing his alta to motocross action magazine?

privateer703

AOF Addict
I'm more concerned at how difficult the course will be compared to the regular amateur race #1. They shortened it from 20 miles to 14 miles, but I'm hoping it's at least as difficult as the amateur race 1. But since this is kind of sponsored by Sur Ron, they may have wanted the eMoto course a little easier if they were worried about their bikes looking bad. Only one way to know is to have someone who has been in Race #1 compete in this eMoto. I'm looking at you @enjoythesilenc .

enjoythesilenc

Well that video isn't me!

Some of the rock gardens look pretty rough for a light bee so maybe all those entrants are hard enduro veterans who happen to have a light bee. As for riding my alta, i can imagine that any place sort of difficult is going to be clogged with stuck dirtbikes which will mess up any kind of momentum attack. I could see getting stuck on a chunky, steppy uphill or a slimy vertical river bank to be potential race enders if its hot and humid. The electrics are going last so the course will be shredded.

I'm still tempted to go as I'm sure the electric camaraderie will be great and fun will be had by all. We need everyone racing there to be forum members here.