Tripple tree for the SM setup!

beemax

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here. I just bought the SM 48 forks and SM 17" wheel off eBay. To be honest, I don't have the Alta bike, so I will put those on my motard yammy that I currently build. After did some research on this 4rum here but got mixed results. Hope some Guru here can help me out.
Which triple tree should fit for the SM setup besides the OEM one? I saw some guys use KTM triple but they use it for the EX, not the SM wheel. Don't know if KTM is wide enough for SM?
Thank you for reading!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to use a big Brembo front caliper, then you should buy Alta triple clamps and an Alta MX/EX/SM wheel axle. The Alta triple clamps set the folk legs 14mm wider apart than the KTM triple clamps, and the axle is also longer, which helps with the caliper/wheel clearance.

Hopefully you will figure out how to install these triple clamps on your Yummy.

beemax

If you want to use a big Brembo front caliper, then you should buy Alta triple clamps and an Alta MX/EX/SM wheel axle. The Alta triple clamps set the folk legs 14mm wider apart than the KTM triple clamps, and the axle is also longer, which helps with the caliper/wheel clearance.

Hopefully you will figure out how to install these triple clamps on your Yummy
Hi Phillip,
I'm lucky enough to have a big Brembo front caliper from Judaslefourbe. Is triple tree MX/EX the same width as the SM? My main problem with the Alta triple tree is the stem, I have to CNC the new stem that fit my bike. but with the special design of Alta's stem, I don't think it an easy job :)
Looks like the KTM Duke is a bit wider but not sure about the caliper/wheel clearance.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
All Alta triple clamps are the same. Later models only had a better aluminum -- 7075-T6 (as opposed to 6061-T6).

You should call @Mark911 and ask him about his KTMaha. He knows how to bold on various KTM stuff onto anything.