Varg production numbers / VIN

espt

“Pre-ordered” it on may 23rd; none from the stock matched the one I ordered at that time. After that I got an email, I think last Wednesday, saying that I could get the bike sooner and asking for full payment. I contacted they via WhatsApp and they told me that they could send a bike with specs as close as possible as I ordered and the “worst” that could happen was that maybe something like the side stand be delivered separately. I accepted and made the payment (ordered the SEPA) on Wednesday. I got the debit in my bank this Monday, today I got the VIN and, looking for their “24h shipping guarantee” I assume I’ll get it next week as they dispatch it from Spain and I am here next to them in Portugal.
Btw, now they have tons of stock (pre-configured bikes) and I believe bikes to match everyone wishes.

Beagle

Thanks, that will be nice to know how fast you get your bike.

The obvious downside of having so many customization options is that you need a much larger inventory.
Most MX you have a choice between the 450 standard or factory edition and that's basically it, easy.
With the Varg 7 suspension setups, 2 rear wheel sizes, 3 colors schemes, handbrake or footbrake, optional side stand, 60 or 80 hp you're looking at 336 variants 😱
Even discounting side stand (easy to set up later) and power (that is software only) that's still 84 possible combinations, talk about logistics nightmare compared to your competition's 2 flavors.

ducatidesmo

In the US, I'm 48xx.

I ordered mine back in 2022. I was waiting and waiting... but got the 7 day email back on the 24th. Paid immediately, but didn't get released to ship until the 2nd because of an logistics issue between Ekho and Stark :(. Transporter contacted me one time to verify the address, but I don't know if the Transporter has it yet as they won't respond to me now. almost two weeks since payment later still no bike, and guaranteed not for another week, and don't know how much longer.

it's one of the ones that were on the site. for 24 hour shipment.

espt

Yeah, I am actually frustrated now because today is Friday and I got no info about the shipping yet , so I started to doubt about getting it next week as I assumed… 😖😤

Beagle

Shipped within 24 h guaranteed... sounds good but what happens if they fail to deliver on this guarantee ?
Now they're a bit more settled they should get out of this "over promise, under deliver" phase.

As of now, they claim on their website to have 105 bikes ready to ship in 24h for Europe (compare and contrast with a grand total of 12 for Australia and 2 in the US). US stock vanished pretty quick?

ducatidesmo

Yeah, I am actually frustrated now because today is Friday and I got no info about the shipping yet , so I started to doubt about getting it next week as I assumed… 😖😤
Yes.. I had to call them a few times, and my estimated date was June 1. Well the last day of the month I called, and they finally saw the problem.. it was actually with a few folks. They fixed it... but no bike on the first :(

I finally got an email from the shipper asking my address, but when I asked for eta a few days later, they said "someone will contact you" I replied back.. nuthin... I can't blame Stark for the comms on the shipper but.. I sure am gonna bug them about it.

espt

Yes.. I had to call them a few times, and my estimated date was June 1. Well the last day of the month I called, and they finally saw the problem.. it was actually with a few folks. They fixed it... but no bike on the first :(

I finally got an email from the shipper asking my address, but when I asked for eta a few days later, they said "someone will contact you" I replied back.. nuthin... I can't blame Stark for the comms on the shipper but.. I sure am gonna bug them about it.has you a vin

espt

Well, lets do it...
- Replace tubes
- Replace tires
- Replace footpegs
- Install frame guard tape
- Install handguards
- install handlebar ends
- phone velcro
- zip-ties in the cables
- install rear disc guard
- install side stand
- install chain link
- adjust suspension (and check the need for a revalve after playing with clicks)

Anything else? :)

Cheers mates

starkvarg.jpg

Beagle

Stark latest press release mentions some interesting tidbits:

Not so news:
1000 bikes produced each month
deliveries in over 50 countries
US are their largest market

More interesting:
on track for 90 million euros revenue in 2024 (translates into over 6000 sales)
Road-legal bikes development started in 2023, launch of the first models is planned for 2025

Could be enduro and supermoto Vargs, could be something else? I guess now that the factory is up and running they could build some stock before launch, should be smoother. Hopefully 😆