VCell Timeout

privateer703

AOF Addict
My bike was sitting in basement happy at 50% as of 10 days ago. Went to go for a ride, battery reads 0, Vcell Timeout error and when I try and plug my charger in I get a cycle key error. MT shows one module completely dead. That could mean it is just somehow not talking to the BCU. Replaced the 9v with 522 Ultimate Lithium, still nothing. So I guess it's time to crack it open and measure cell voltages. I'm going to say it now, if I have to replace another module I'm parting it out. Here are the MT screenshots, which module is Module 0, the bottom most?
Module_Charge.jpg

enjoythesilenc

Ah crap, yes 0 is on the bottom. I'm going to guess its the communication problem rather than the cells being actually dead. YOu could try to reload firmware to see what happens, I can't remember if each BRD is targeted onscreeen during the process. It might say "failed to target" etc which might be useful info for Rashid or whoever else chimes in.

I think the comms harness for the bottom module is pretty easy to access when the cover is removed. (if someone suggests the unplugging and replugging maneuver) You could also see if it all wet or corroded down there at the same time.

I got vcell timeout when i had batteries running incompatible firmwares but I think none of the modules were recognized. And look on the bright side of how good your other modules look. I'm sure this issue can be handled.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Made sure the connection was tight, reassembled, same issue. The one thing I did notice was that the voltage across the main - & + was 0v. Would that be a BRD issue?

privateer703

AOF Addict
I checked at least one cell in each p-group, could not find any dead or low cells. The module itself appears ok. Going to check to see if it's the BRD later this week.