What might have been

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
With plastic in short supply, I decided wrapping it would get me more use out of it. No sense in tossing a gold fender because I wanted a white one

F451

I was thinking of doing that on mine as well.
Or maybe try plasti-dip haha

Me too! Me too! Ha ha.

I actually like the look and of course, as mentioned, preserving the hard to source plastics is never a bad idea.

Thanks for posting the pics and info guys. -Ed

snydes

Staff member
Honestly those shrouds are needless bulk and weight, but could you imagine the industry reaction to them putting out the bike shroudless? People aren’t ready for that much of a visual change.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Honestly those shrouds are needless bulk and weight, but could you imagine the industry reaction to them putting out the bike shroudless? People aren’t ready for that much of a visual change.

The interior area of the shrouds would be the perfect place to mount a water tank, small water pump, and hosing for an active misting setup to help cool the battery during operation. :cool: I may actually do this.

F451

I was just thinking about where I could stash my camelbak on the MXR after I went for a short ride without it on my back. Felt so much more comfortable without it binding up my arms and chest and dragging my chest protector down in the back and always having it riding up the front of my neck.

I was going to look into a square or triangle shaped bladder and see if I could secure it in the space where the airbox normally goes. I was also wondering if I could put it on the rear fender in one of those tool holder bags.

If someone fit bladders (or the equivalent) for their "cooling system" in the shrouds, that would be awesome and would make a good "camelbak" setup too.