Whymee's 2019 MXR Build

autohog

Well, the build has ground to a halt. I have done most of what I need to do to race it next year. Right now it is wintertime, so I didn't even get to ride it yet. To be truthful, Alta's bankruptcy (or whatever it is) has taken the wind out of my sails for now. I might get excited again next spring, I might not... :unsure:

So much so, that I bought 5 RZ350's and am currently restoring them this winter. This will keep me busy!

If I had to do it all over. I would have not bought the Alta. I would have waited 'till spring.

I did find out the THD on the Briggs. But I forgot. Had to look it up again! Very clean power. THD of less than 3%
Thx Whymee good to know, way better price than the Honda. BTW if you end up wanting to ditch the Alta let me know, 8 is my favorite # and I’ve got a touch of OCD 😜 For now it will float on my iPad as a wallpaper pipe dream.

Whymee

Old and slow, but hopefull!
I really did not want to. It was soft outside. I did not want to get my new bike dirty, or put any time on it in the event I end up selling, I could claim "never been rode".

The bike was delivered at 100% charged. I know I needed to go into the winter at 60% charged. Sunday i pulled it out & put some time on it in a fairly flat field. I started right out in map 4. Go big or go home. I was already home, so I had no choice. Plus it would deplete the battery faster. One thing I can tell you, I tore up some sod. Going to hate that come spring. My first immediate thought that this bike feels like I am riding a street bike with clip ons. The bars felt low. Real low. I am not a tall chap, at around 5'7" on a good day. I seemed to get more used to the position as the ride was coming to an end.

I do wish I had a track to accomplish the depletion duties. As it was it was just a mowed field with some irregularities in the topography. Did not give me a chance to test out the Ohlins suspension at all. If anything the front felt stiff. Time will tell. Seemed to turn exceptionally well. Yes I grabbed for the clutch a couple times. How soon one forgets there are no such thing with this EV.

10 minutes in to the ride, I could not take it any more. It has a touchy rear brake & the damn pedal was too high. And I only scrubbed one bar off the meter. I pulled back to the garage & installed the Fasst spring kit I had purchased and adjusted the pedal lower. Much better.

I continued to semi-hammer on it trying not to tear up my field. In the end I made it to my goal of 60% charge remaining. Yes I missed the snarl of a two stroke coming on the pipe. Yes I missed abusing the clutch coming out of a corner in a gear to high. There are some things ingrained in a person from 35 years of racing & 45 years of off road riding. This machine WILL take some time to get used to.

Seasons Greetings, friends!

Stan

Whymee

Old and slow, but hopefull!
It is riding season here in WV. Or at least the calendar says so. Last night it was 21 degrees out. I have been told Spring is on its way. Hope so.

Have been trying without too much luck, to get pumped at racing my MXR in D5. Truth be told I am not pumped at all to get on a track, for what ever reason. I hope age is not catching up with me.

I have several machines at my disposal that I can put on the track, old & new. I just find myself not wanting to. Maybe it is time to hang up the Sidi's.

Sure hope not. Maybe I need some CBD oil. And a banana...

autohog

It is riding season here in WV. Or at least the calendar says so. Last night it was 21 degrees out. I have been told Spring is on its way. Hope so.

Have been trying without too much luck, to get pumped at racing my MXR in D5. Truth be told I am not pumped at all to get on a track, for what ever reason. I hope age is not catching up with me.

I have several machines at my disposal that I can put on the track, old & new. I just find myself not wanting to. Maybe it is time to hang up the Sidi's.

Sure hope not. Maybe I need some CBD oil. And a banana...
I feel you buddy. I started riding at five yrs old. Been nursing a hyperextended knee for the last six mo meanwhile doing a complete bottom/top end rebuild of a 2016 KTM SX and took my rear shock to Factory Connection. I took up mountain biking to help rehab my knee which feels great now, but 3 days ago I broke my collarbone badly on the mtn bike. The day after my accident FC called to tell my the shock was done. I’m 50 this year and starting to think that it just isn’t in the cards anymore for me, just can’t ride the way I used to, super bummed.