2019 NE 24hr Challenge July 20th & 21st 2019, Team AltaOwnersForum.com is Official!

Matt

E-Rider
That’s an interesting thought. If there was interest, I suppose we could create a “Team Alta Owners Forum” Facebook group and then post live video updates to the group. Any member of the group could add to that, and it could continue to be used by different teams at different events as long as they join the group. Not everyone has or wants to bother with Facebook though.

Thoughts?

@Matt you know of any other options?
My recollection is there isn't the best service out there and streaming would be difficult because of this. We could post updates to the forum. I will have a video afterwords that will take me a little while to edit up but this will hopfully be pretty encompassing of the event.

Doing one lap to start is a good call, though if we round the first lap with quite a bit of charge left (over half) it may make sense to just shoot off for another. We will all eaisly get daylight riding in. I also have the riding fanny pack in and set. We can put a map in there too not that we will likely need it.

wildman240

There is a small battery pack tucked away behind the front plate.
I ended up installing a Shorai battery under my seat and did a hard wire to my 10" bar...as a result I have my charger/battery (Task stand alone) that can be used as a backup if anyone needs it. I also picked up the 4 pack of helmet light batteries when I got the that kit too. I mounted my helmet lights below each ear hoping that will help keep light out of my peripheral vision (being a distraction).

privateer703

AOF Addict
Matt,
Whats the access to water (potable and non-potable- cleaning)? Just wondering if I should pick-up a spigot jug of water for hand washing and cleaning (goggles).

Matt

E-Rider
Matt,
Whats the access to water (potable and non-potable- cleaning)? Just wondering if I should pick-up a spigot jug of water for hand washing and cleaning (goggles).
I would bring water. There is a power washer station away from where the race is by the main tall pines building but that is all I know of.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Where are we meeting and parking? Is it 1812 Jones Rd?
Directions

Will all the personal vehicles park on that large grass field that we used in May?

We will all be arriving at different times, so it would help to know where we should drive to look for others.

I should be arriving late afternoon.

Matt

E-Rider
Where are we meeting and parking? Is it 1812 Jones Rd?
Directions

Will all the personal vehicles park on that large grass field that we used in May?

We will all be arriving at different times, so it would help to know where we should drive to look for others.

I should be arriving late afternoon.

Personal Vehicles will park in the large grass area we parked at in may, circled in blue. Red is the pit area and black is the road you drive to swing by the pits and then go to the parking area. Last year this was the only way in.TALL PINES.PNG

privateer703

AOF Addict
I'm going to try and get us a pit spot close to the pit row entrance. Once I get a spot I'll text the group my location as I think I might be one of the first to arrive. Not sure if there is better or worse locations for our tent space. Any suggestions?
I guess I could also turn on the Advrider app so you guys could find me that way as well.

Matt

E-Rider
I'm guessing with the number of people attending, parking could be all over. I'm going to try and get us a pit spot close to the pit row entrance. Once I get a spot I'll text the group my location as I think I might be one of the first to arrive. Not sure if there is better or worse locations for our tent space. Any suggestions?
The best location is along the north edge. Look at page 15 there is map I posted with the best spots

Matt

E-Rider
So the desired location is on the north side of pit row, closest to the entrance.
Yes. Anywhere along that edge is preferred. A few back from the road would actually be best as there is a lot of traffic that rolls through there but really anything along there. If those are all taken staying as far to that north edge as possible helps because you don't have to walk as far to see if someone is going for a second lap or not.

snydes

Staff member
Any other guys with RV’s? Onelapper and myself will have rigs and if possible we would like to arrange them together in the parking area. I know @Philip will have his motovan so that really leaves @wildman240 and @privateer703 in question. I think at least one of you guys mentioned your vehicle but it’s buried pages and pages back.

snydes

Staff member
I think if reasonably possible we should probably try and group together in the parking area regardless of camping configurations. Those with the larger rigs can help support the guys that are bringing tents.