24 Hours of Starvation Ridge 2023

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Just finished my first lap. Course is 19-20 miles long. Course is fast with fewer rock gardens this year. Next lap will be in the dark so we will see how that goes. Weather is extreme clear, but cold. High about 45f with lows about 25f. Will be interesting it it really starts to freeze.

Great pictures and video. Looks like a lot of fun. Very different conditions than the tens of thousands of trees we have down here in the southeast. Also, interesting to see you riding with mirrors.

Curious.... With a 20 mile lap in those conditions, how much of the ALTA battery did you use and how long did it take to recharge? I am assuming that two laps was too far even with a full battery on a cool day. Congrats on a safe ride.

F451

Here's some video of what the track looked like early in the race.

Good job guys!

Conditions look perfect. It's been very dry out there all summer and fall, looks like they got some moisture in the ground just in time, dust doesn't look like it was an issue.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Great pictures and video. Looks like a lot of fun. Very different conditions than the tens of thousands of trees we have down here in the southeast. Also, interesting to see you riding with mirrors.

Curious.... With a 20 mile lap in those conditions, how much of the ALTA battery did you use and how long did it take to recharge? I am assuming that two laps was too far even with a full battery on a cool day. Congrats on a safe ride.
Washington is a very diverse state, desert and open on the east side of the Cascades, wet and lots of trees on the western side.
As to the charge question, I used about 2/3 charge for a lap, so more than one lap was pretty much out of the question. Recharge time was about an hour on the 240v generator

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Good job guys!

Conditions look perfect. It's been very dry out there all summer and fall, looks like they got some moisture in the ground just in time, dust doesn't look like it was an issue.
Yep, the rain came through about a week before the event, traction was awesome and very little dust.

bluefxstc

For me I was just about 1/2 a battery, maybe a little more (9/16), per lap. I wouldn't want to do more than one lap, you might be able too, but you might end up real slow at the end of the second so you could make it. That being said, the bike might be able to do it, but I don't think I would make it. I was ready for a break at the end of one lap so it worked out well. Bike needed a charge and so did I. :ROFLMAO:

It is an awesome event so would be great to have some more riders next year, maybe a few Starks and more Altas so we have a bunch of electrics on the course.