6.12.18 Big Announcement? -- 2019 Redshift EXR

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The bike appears to be similar to the MXR, except for the new Xplor 48 fork, the EX 18" rear wheel, and the EX Metzeler tires. Can anyone see anything else that is new?

Oded

major differences from the 2018 EX -
newer MXR battery pack, and WP Xplor suspension.
also changed the gear ratio to 12:53 (was 13:53).
the dimensions changed a bit, like seat height in the EXR is 36.5 (was in EX 38.17).
charge time is shorter by about 30 minutes.

so basically, for my type of riding, the suspension is the only true upgrade. I can live with 4CS :)

rtf

Looks great! The other thing I noticed is the wheelbase grew longer, one thing I was hoping wouldn't get bigger. It seems it has the same rake and offset as the MXR, anyone have any idea why it's longer?

ElectroBraap

Interesting choice of front fork. They don't appear to be well liked based on what I could find. All in all I think the bike looks badass, I wish they had this when I was purchasing mine. I'm looking forward to converting mine to be street legal, sadly its pretty low on my priority list right now... Ill just have to wait while I stare at everyone elses EXR's. *sad panda*

-Electro

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! The other thing I noticed is the wheelbase grew longer, one thing I was hoping wouldn't get bigger. It seems it has the same rake and offset as the MXR, anyone have any idea why it's longer?
I think I know why. The front sprocket is 1 tooth smaller, so with the same 116-link chain the wheelbase would grow by 1/4 of the chain's pitch -- 5/32" or about 4mm.

Install the old 13-tooth front sprocket and the wheelbase will be back to where it was.

teddyquinn

What's somewhat funny is that the current price of the '19 EXR is $500 lower than '18 EX. I know they're running the $1k off promo for the '18 EX now, though wonder what the long-term price implications for the EX will be with the EXR being priced $12,495.

Oded

I think I know why. The front sprocket is 1 tooth smaller, so with the same 116-link chain the wheelbase would grow by 1/4 of the chain's pitch -- 5/32" or about 4mm.

Install the old 13-tooth front sprocket and the wheelbase will be back to where it was.

good catch!

rtf

Great catch! @Judaslefourbe ,can you confirm the only difference in the wheelbase is the smaller sprocket?

snydes

Staff member
What's somewhat funny is that the current price of the '19 EXR is $500 lower than '18 EX. I know they're running the $1k off promo for the '18 EX now, though wonder what the long-term price implications for the EX will be with the EXR being priced $12,495.

Was the charger included with the ‘18 EX? Off the top of my head I thought it was. Is it included on the EXR? Could explain for a little more of the difference if it’s not. Still doesn’t seem like enough of a $ difference to continue selling people EX’s.

ecd

Any ETA on when they will be in dealers? I delayed my purchase of the EX for this and am going through dirt biking withdrawal. 1-2 months like for the MXR?