6.12.18 Big Announcement? -- 2019 Redshift EXR

ecd

IMG_20180623_151803.jpg

Picked up my 2019 EXR today from K&B Motorsports in Petaluma, CA. I traded in my 2017 KTM 500 EXC

So far, I've only ridden it around town. Tomorrow I'm going to a dirt park.

First thoughts:
- Maps aren't as distinct as I assumed. Even map 1 pulls hard and is fun.
- Dangerous on the street on knobbies (and with my riding mentality). I did an accidental burnout within my 2nd mile on the bike. I'm not comfortable with mode 4 and knobbies on pavement unless it's a straight line. I plan on getting some more suitable street tires as a second option (once I figure out what to buy - I'm new to that stuff). If I didn't, I imagine I'd be replacing rear tires every 150 miles.
- Handguards are a joke. I plan on buying some Cycra Probend ones
- How am I supposed to park it on a hill? I found a great scenic spot for a picture but if I got off the bike it would roll away.
- Mode 3 is great for wheelies when around 20-30 mph. Mode 4 seems to just cause burnouts.
- Lots of people staring (admiring) when riding around town
- Geico Insurance didn't have it in their system. It cost about 10% more to insure than the EXC (which was ridiculously cheap to insure)

WoodsWeapon

Good to know on the insurance, as Geico carries my 350XCF. I rarely use map 4. I call it the Tomac map, and believe it is there for marketing ourposes, so when a friend rides it he gets the wow factor, and starts thinking about buying one.

Oded

View attachment 539

Picked up my 2019 EXR today from K&B Motorsports in Petaluma, CA. I traded in my 2017 KTM 500 EXC

So far, I've only ridden it around town. Tomorrow I'm going to a dirt park.

First thoughts:
- Maps aren't as distinct as I assumed. Even map 1 pulls hard and is fun.
- Dangerous on the street on knobbies (and with my riding mentality). I did an accidental burnout within my 2nd mile on the bike. I'm not comfortable with mode 4 and knobbies on pavement unless it's a straight line. I plan on getting some more suitable street tires as a second option (once I figure out what to buy - I'm new to that stuff). If I didn't, I imagine I'd be replacing rear tires every 150 miles.
- Handguards are a joke. I plan on buying some Cycra Probend ones
- How am I supposed to park it on a hill? I found a great scenic spot for a picture but if I got off the bike it would roll away.
- Mode 3 is great for wheelies when around 20-30 mph. Mode 4 seems to just cause burnouts.
- Lots of people staring (admiring) when riding around town
- Geico Insurance didn't have it in their system. It cost about 10% more to insure than the EXC (which was ridiculously cheap to insure)

Great report and I agree with most of your points (I ride the EX).
Hand gurads are a must, and the cycra probend is an excellent choice.
I also replaced the stock tires with a more road suited pair - Pirelli MT43. Terrific for road, off road and last quite long. They are trial - enduro tires, DOT approved.

I find the foot jack (is that how you call it?) To be bit too long. Prefer the bike to stand more leaned over. It can help when parking on uneven ground.