Alta parts on back order...any one got any yet?

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I'm worried now because my dealer took my cc info, but I have yet to see a charge...
Interesting, I can't remember if you mentioned it, but did you order your parts before 10/17? I did, and that may be why my payment was processed.

Rocketz152

I was charged immediately when I placed my order at the dealership... I did it right after datadog told us to hurry with ordering... still waiting on parts...

leeo45

Geezer in denial
I'm worried now because my dealer took my cc info, but I have yet to see a charge...

I ordered some parts at 9:00 ET the morning of datadog's post. My dealer has my CC info but I believe they used their own card/account for the order. My card has not been charged. They told me that they would charge me if/when they received confirmation that the parts were available. Perhaps you have the same situation.

I was at the dealer this past weekend and they haven't heard anything. In fact the only correspondence they have received from ALTA since mid-October was the morning email instructions on parts ordering. They never received anything about shutting down operations or any other info. They received word of the shutdown from the regional rep when he called to say he was no longer employed.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I just got a call from my dealer. I ordered some parts the morning of the original "Bad News" announcement and they shipped today. The order i made after datadog's post is still in pending status.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Just got a call from my dealer, they were contacted by Alta today and advised the parts I had ordered, specifically the coolant adapter, wasn't available and would never be available again. I am getting a refund.

evh1

"leeo45...I ordered some parts at 9:00 ET the morning of datadog's post. My dealer has my CC info but I believe they used their own card/account for the order. My card has not been charged. They told me that they would charge me if/when they received confirmation that the parts were available. Perhaps you have the same situation.:

I'm in the same boat with my dealer here in Alabama. Parts have been on order for 3 weeks with no comms back from Alta, but dealer's card was charged. **crickets***
I'll call again Tuesday.
BTW, my dealer, Max Motorsports, Birmingham has an SM and a Redshift EXR - possibly an MX still on the floor. He's pricing to move them.

Reactions: Rix

autohog

Just got a call from my dealer, they were contacted by Alta today and advised the parts I had ordered, specifically the coolant adapter, wasn't available and would never be available again. I am getting a refund.
That about says it all.

Reactions: Rix

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Yesterday I wrote an email to Carolyn Jones, the only Alta employee that I knew was still there, and asked about the parts and about the situation with Alta. Got a reply today. I highlighted some of the key points.

Hi Philip.

At the moment I am the only Alta employee still working to resolve dealer and customer concerns. As you can imagine it's an overwhelming amount of work and stress which is why I have not published my information directly on the forum. I need everyone to please be patient. I am working to fill parts orders as best I can which are coming from dealers. No amount of owners contacting me directly will speed up that process as it only distracts me from actually filling the orders. People who need parts should speak directly (and politely) to their dealers. This has already been communicated at least once on the forum by my request.

I am so grateful for the owners and their support - I am close friends with many of them. What we need is patience. There have been no decisions made about Alta's future and therefore I cannot tell you anything about our future ability to supply parts going forward. Rumors are rumors. What we can do right now is continue to fill orders from dealers (albeit at a much slower pace than before when we had a full team picking and packaging). We do not have battery packs. We do not have dashes. Most everything else we can pull and ship.

We are all in a tough position of holding our breath and doing what we can to help right now. Thank you for understanding and for leading the group on the owners forum. You are so important to the network and I appreciate you reaching out on their behalf. You can have people contact me, but please keep in mind that any time I spend reply to them pulls me away from parts fulfillment and the work I'm doing to try to get Alta back on its feet to support you.

Cheers,

Carolyn

evh1

Breaking News...!
I just got a confirmation that the substantial parts list he had submitted for me was filled and shipped out! Full set of plastics, turn signals for my EXR which I assumed would be broken off, swingarm protectors, etc. Probably 15 items...except for the extra Display, dagnabbit! They specifically said unless one procured one from an existing bike, we were SOL. I had my dealer ask specifically for this forum.
There is one gal that is trying to fill orders as she has time, so be patient was the feedback.

privateer703

AOF Addict
Considering they are liquidating assets to pay creditors, I'm pretty certain whats going out is what was left over. Alta doesn't have any cash to order parts from suppliers.

Top Bottom