BAD NEWS

autohog

You better have lots of money! I contacted the ABC manager (via LinkedIn) and said I had a quarter Mil to invest. Crickets . . . . .
I too had contacted (Jen) with an investment offer of $250K and never heard a word back. It was my hope of opening a service dealership in the So Orange County area of southern Ca. 😂

Motophyllic

I know 250k is nothing compared to the $21 million they expected from Harley, but at this point, things are going out the door much cheaper than that. We just aren’t in the right place at the right time. Sometimes it’s not the amount of money so much as good timing and the right amount of schmoozing. Perfect example- the Ev West battery deal.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"
Anyone reach out to the founders? Is @Honcho just a hired gun? I would love to invest to benefit of the founders and employees.

Entrepreneurs face the double edged sword of outside investment:

1) You need cash to grow and develop products, and build inventory to sell. Even a billionaire like Elon Musk is a minority shareholder in Tesla. At least one of the original founders of Tesla was forced out.

2) Outside investment ultimately can diminish your control of the company

At this point, the shareholders of Alta have offered it for sale. The bids have been submitted. The last bike has been built.

Now, we wait to see what the new owner does with it. I predict straight up auction... register for that..

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
Entrepreneurs face the double edged sword of outside investment:

1) You need cash to grow and develop products, and build inventory to sell. Even a billionaire like Elon Musk is a minority shareholder in Tesla. At least one of the original founders of Tesla was forced out.

2) Outside investment ultimately can diminish your control of the company

At this point, the shareholders of Alta have offered it for sale. The bids have been submitted. The last bike has been built.

Now, we wait to see what the new owner does with it. I predict straight up auction... register for that..
Help me understand this. This is what I know. Alta has shutdown, and isn't going to resume operations ever under its current/former entities. There is one person shipping out parts until stock is depleted on a first come first serve basis. The two dealers I have been in contact with won't say anything about Alta's future status, except that Alta is no more. So my question is, if Alta is done, why maintain the Alta Motors website and why is my log in still valid and my bikes firmware updates are all current? Why not shut down the domain?

griffbl

Help me understand this. This is what I know. Alta has shutdown, and isn't going to resume operations ever under its current/former entities. There is one person shipping out parts until stock is depleted on a first come first serve basis. The two dealers I have been in contact with won't say anything about Alta's future status, except that Alta is no more. So my question is, if Alta is done, why maintain the Alta Motors website and why is my log in still valid and my bikes firmware updates are all current? Why not shut down the domain?
It won't be long....

Philip

Administrator
Staff member

That's what I heard too. Alta is not done yet, but it is for sale. The bids have not been accepted or rejected. We were supposed to learn the fate of Alta exactly a month ago, but we are still waiting.

Mikec265

Whatever happens I just want parts and service for the electrical system. Once that is confirmed I will spend money on suspension.

Rix

Thanks guys for chiming in. I am hoping for a miracle as these machines are sooo much fun!!! It just seems terrible and doesn't make sense to not continue making and developing these bikes.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Thanks guys for chiming in. I am hoping for a miracle as these machines are sooo much fun!!! It just seems terrible and doesn't make sense to not continue making and developing these bikes.
There a blast, that's for sure, it's inevitable that someone is going to either resume production of our bikes, or something similar, possibly better. The real question is how soon will it happen.

TonyWilliams

User asked to be "deleted"

For my own company, I pay for the website for two years at a time. They would have to pay somebody to turn it off.

Plus, it may aid the auction price in some teeny tiny way (or somebody perceives that it will).

Reactions: Rix

Rix

For my own company, I pay for the website for two years at a time. They would have to pay somebody to turn it off.

Plus, it may aid the auction price in some teeny tiny way (or somebody perceives that it will).
I didn't know this, so in theory the website could be up for a while?

Motophyllic

My website hosting fee is $8/month from 1&1. I’d pay the fee to keep the support from the site. Probably not an option though.

Reactions: Rix