Charging question-bike won't take a charge

Greenthmskibum

Charging question-apparently I left the bike on after riding yesterday and it drained the battery. I plugged it in this morning and I can't seem to initiate charging. Power button press gets a red light, no blue light. Any ideas/advice?

Theo

If I recall correctly, when I leave the bike engaged it will automatically switch to neutral after some inactive time, I think a minute, and then it will automatically switch to standby after some minutes of inactivity.
Therefore, I think that you can't leave it on.
What was the status of the LED light before you connected the charger?

Greenthmskibum

If I recall correctly, when I leave the bike engaged it will automatically switch to neutral after some inactive time, I think a minute, and then it will automatically switch to standby after some minutes of inactivity.
Therefore, I think that you can't leave it on.
What was the status of the LED light before you connected the charger?
Kinda what I figured when I turned the bike off with 30% battery remaining. It sat in my truck overnight and I unloaded it in the morning, and got a solid red light when I tried to turn it on before connecting the charger. Now I've removed the plastics, unplugged the battery, checked for loose wires, and still getting the same result, whether the battery is connected or not. I contacted Stark Support, and haven't heard back.

blbills

This same thing happened to me last week. After several exchanges with Stark it was determined that I'd need a new battery. Still waiting on the battery. Not good. I've heard of 3-4 of these accounts so I'm concerned there's something systemic going on. I hope Stark gets their act together and addressed it. Mine happened after draining the battery down to 1% so I'm suspicious that it has something to do with very little margin on the low end of the pack with the recent range enhancement software update...

PsychoBunny

One thing I noticed but need to confirm is that the bike has to be powered on to charge and if that is correct then if you have a dead battery you won't be able to power it on to charge it. If you leave the bike in standby mode which is the default after you hold the power button then it will drain the battery.

To prevent the battery from draining 100% be sure to turn the bike off, meaning no blinking red light. You have to hold the + n - buttons until the flashing light blinks 5 times then a white light will flash once that is how you know the bike is actually powered off. The blinking red will go away once it is off.

I mention all this because my bike was charging then got to like 90% and stopped, I had to power the bike back on to get it to keep charging. Also, when I first got the bike I plugged in the charger and nothing happened until I powered it on, so long story short it could be a bug or something but definitely be sure to exit standby mode when you are done for the day until we get some clarity on this.

Top Bottom