General checking out used bike

Scooter584

I'm going with a friend to look at a slightly used 2019 MXR, last VIN digits 488. I have a laptop and cables with mototool installed. I've have had it connected toy bike a few times so it all works. I'm not super tech savvy soy question is......what am I looking for on the battery graph (a dip in cell voltage?) and which is the newest version of firmware (I'm assuming it has the latest being a 2019).... thanks in advanced!

enjoythesilenc

As far as the battery graphs, i think you check them charged up and also discharged to see if there is a weak p group which might be higher than its cohorts when charged and lower than its buddies when discharged

Dirt-E

I would look at overall balance. Anything outside of 10mV difference is not going to be manageable by the BMS and will likely need extensive balancing or will throw 035 and 036 codes.

There is another page on there that will show all the switch functions and what is functioning with green check boxes. I found it to be helpful as well. I have an EXR, so I have blinkers, kickstand, horn, etc which you probably won't show on an MXR, but it's still good to look at.