Dealership delivery

timothyrgriffe

I had bought a bike from power in oregon that someone couldn't get financed for but I'm still waiting on my original order! I'm in idaho and pushing 2 years and 5 month on this is frustrating when dealers have them! Claiming early may but at this point who knows! At this point the frustration with the company is all time and may just put it up for sale after I get it!
Pretty sure Monarch in Orem, UT has them available to purchase

jcozine

Fwiw my bike is supposedly going through customs in LAX now, to be delivered in OR. I had an oddly long conversation with my Stark sales rep, and he told me they decided to deliver a huge batch to the US recently knowing that the kickstands would need to be updated. They're reportedly mailing the new kickstand to my title address on record, no flexibility as to where they send it.

Beagle

Stark seem to have implemented some significant changes in their orders and delivery system.

In the US they use Ekho offering direct to customer deliveries in the 50 states, financing options and even taking care of registration, state taxes and titling fees (if they're required in your state).

Interestingly they quote estimated delivery time of 10 weeks, including 7 weeks from vehicle ready date which I assume are due to transatlantic shipping.

They've also added on the homepage a link towards "stock bikes ready to ship in 24 h", not sure that's effective for the US (quoted time is still 10 weeks 😆) but for Europe that should cut the delivery time for new orders from one month to one week (provided there's the configuration of your dreams in stock).

Kurlon

WOW, they're estimating 7yr loans, on a dirt bike?! 12% interest...

I suspect this has been in the works for a bit given my dealer order got sourced from already in the US inventory, possibly from a different dealer, based on the low 4k VIN?

jcozine

Smart. I've heard dealers are getting about an $800 cut of the sale for the pre-order bikes. Stark is not getting their money's worth.

Wish my dealer could've been bothered to try a different charger before handing the bike over, when charging mysteriously shut off on them at 52%. So word to the wise, make your dealer confirm charging works and gets through a whole cycle before taking delivery. Now I'm dealing with a failed charger on my own.

Beagle

Stark seem to have implemented some significant changes in their orders and delivery system.

In the US they use Ekho offering direct to customer deliveries in the 50 states, financing options and even taking care of registration, state taxes and titling fees (if they're required in your state).

Interestingly they quote estimated delivery time of 10 weeks, including 7 weeks from vehicle ready date which I assume are due to transatlantic shipping.

They've also added on the homepage a link towards "stock bikes ready to ship in 24 h", not sure that's effective for the US (quoted time is still 10 weeks 😆) but for Europe that should cut the delivery time for new orders from one month to one week (provided there's the configuration of your dreams in stock).
Must have been a glitch yesterday, now stock bikes offered are quoted with estimated delivery in one week for the US as well, great option.

$300-400 for delivery to your door and financing options from 24 up to crazy 84 months.

Swank171

Must have been a glitch yesterday, now stock bikes offered are quoted with estimated delivery in one week for the US as well, great option.

$300-400 for delivery to your door and financing options from 24 up to crazy 84 months.
Yeeeesh……crazy what we have to finance these days….

Personally I’d just go without if I had to take on 12% to get one….

Beagle

Crazy to think they're selling bikes all over the world but it took them almost one year to unlock sales across the US.

Beagle

It's never been that easy to get a bike delivered to your door and specced just as you like, it's been a tough ride but they've made a great step!

Update from my order. They sent me an email around 2 weeks ago saying my bike was complete and ready for payment. I went through the new dealer portal and completed everything only to find out Stark still needs to submit some “paperwork” so it can get titled and shipped. My guess is it would be vin related which is unfortunate since they claimed the bike had been finished. So far just over a week has gone by and nothing from stark regarding this. Sad to see this is still an issue for day 1 customers

Beagle

With how much inventory they have that's weird, hit them every couple of days, they'll get tired and send you one presto 😁

edit: they didn't give you a VIN yet?

AL_V

Update from my order. They sent me an email around 2 weeks ago saying my bike was complete and ready for payment. I went through the new dealer portal and completed everything only to find out Stark still needs to submit some “paperwork” so it can get titled and shipped. My guess is it would be vin related which is unfortunate since they claimed the bike had been finished. So far just over a week has gone by and nothing from stark regarding this. Sad to see this is still an issue for day 1 customers
Last I knew they didn’t start building it until after you paid (through the dealer).
And in my case both sides (dealer and Stark) fumbled around a while during that process.

Beagle

That's pretty cool. I wonder where on the internet we could find "friends" looking to buy a Varg and connect with them 😎

That's like a 2% commission, with that you can get 1 spare wheel or 1 phone or 2 body kits or 3 chains.

I can see the ads from here,
"Let's get friendly with Stark Varg,
For 2 friends get 1 rear shock,
For 3 friends get 1 full frame,
For 10 friends get 1 spare battery" 😆

Kurlon

Meanwhile... my bike still sits at the dealership, transferred to me already supposedly, but still waiting for Stark to deliver a foot brake...

With how much inventory they have that's weird, hit them every couple of days, they'll get tired and send you one presto 😁

edit: they didn't give you a VIN yet?
I took your advice and emailed support which was probably the best thing to do. It looks like they did have an original vin for the bike but they are swapping it out with a supposed “new one” that is close to my specifications since there would be continued delays waiting for my original bike.
Meanwhile... my bike still sits at the dealership, transferred to me already supposedly, but still waiting for Stark to deliver a foot brake...
I’m worried about this as well since Stark said they’re going to deliver some mystery parts along with my bike so it can match what I originally ordered. Hopefully it’s just minor stuff and not something like a different brake configuration or the wrong HP model.

Beagle

I took your advice and emailed support which was probably the best thing to do. It looks like they did have an original vin for the bike but they are swapping it out with a supposed “new one” that is close to my specifications since there would be continued delays waiting for my original bike.

I’m worried about this as well since Stark said they’re going to deliver some mystery parts along with my bike so it can match what I originally ordered. Hopefully it’s just minor stuff and not something like a different brake configuration or the wrong HP model.
Cool to see some good news, hope you'll get it real quick.

Wrong hp would be the best problem to have, it's all software, 60 hp can be upgraded to 80 hp online from Stark headquarters if you pay for it. And if you ordered 60 and got 80... I don't see a problem there 😆

Chaconne

Wow you still haven't gotten your bike? Holy shit!! Motorbikes+ in Portsmouth NH was smooth as silk for me. I had bought KTMs from them in the past and they were great then and even better with my Stark.

I did have a hiccup with paperwork but they took care of that behind the scenes I was riding my bike ahead of when I expected it. I got the 80hp with foot brake. You might as well pickup some new tubes while you wait. The plastic ones don't last long especially if you are riding enduro/trail and doing a lot of log hops.

I wouldn't have normally gotten the Pirelli tires but those tires are awesome for cornering and side grinding muddy sections. I will switch them out for some gummier Metzlers or something for the riding I do, but for moto the stock Pirellis are an impressive tire IMHO.

Kurlon

Wow you still haven't gotten your bike? Holy shit!! Motorbikes+ in Portsmouth NH was smooth as silk for me. I had bought KTMs from them in the past and they were great then and even better with my Stark.

I did have a hiccup with paperwork but they took care of that behind the scenes I was riding my bike ahead of when I expected it. I got the 80hp with foot brake. You might as well pickup some new tubes while you wait. The plastic ones don't last long especially if you are riding enduro/trail and doing a lot of log hops.

I wouldn't have normally gotten the Pirelli tires but those tires are awesome for cornering and side grinding muddy sections. I will switch them out for some gummier Metzlers or something for the riding I do, but for moto the stock Pirellis are an impressive tire IMHO.

I'm... teetering on just saying forget it... my other racing is eating at my wallet and time, desire to take on a new big spend is evaporating.

Chaconne

I'm... teetering on just saying forget it... my other racing is eating at my wallet and time, desire to take on a new big spend is evaporating.
Ya I hear you. I will tell you that I am really happy with my bike overall. It is the best bike I have owned. Better than expected for me at least. Hope it works out for you.