Display got run over Perris flat track

gpowell68Y

Turn 1 main event
2nd place rider checked up on me and down i went
2 racers behind missed me but not my Alta
bars can be replaced but where can i get display fixed or replaced?
125FE014-92E8-404C-AA50-CE98A534A92C.png

leeo45

Geezer in denial
I have been wondering...does the bike still turn on and move when the display is crushed/broken?

Unfortunately no, the display is part of the CAN loop when the ACM confirms all signals. ..... (snip)

This is the reason so many of us have ALTA Vaults (Link) or some other display protection, or have relocated our displays to a safer yet less visible location. There are several threads describing some of the options to mitigate the dead display => dead bike situation. And very fortunately, @Rashid510 is providing several alternatives should the worst occur.

gpowell68Y

Thank you Rashid510 for getting 68Y back on track for Round4 Perris flat track with a repaired display!
Spun out in my heat race and had to restart from the penalty line. Made my way to 6th and started the Main event from the far outside. Got a great start by rolling the throttle on slowly then pinned it.
Much better result. Podium finish!
Round 5 October 4th!
perris round 4.jpg

Flynryan

This is the reason so many of us have ALTA Vaults (Link) or some other display protection, or have relocated our displays to a safer yet less visible location. There are several threads describing some of the options to mitigate the dead display => dead bike situation. And very fortunately, @Rashid510 is providing several alternatives should the worst occur.
I'd like to get the display protector for mine. Is it hard to install? Just did the brake support last week.