Electric Dirt Bike Specific Tires?

wfopete

With the power and power delivery characteristics of the electric motor is there a superior rear tire currently for electric (DIRT) bikes?

Should there be?

EV autos and trucks have them but much of the reason is the extra weight they carry.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
With the power and power delivery characteristics of the electric motor is there a superior rear tire currently for electric (DIRT) bikes?

Should there be?

EV autos and trucks have them but much of the reason is the extra weight they carry.

In most cases the electric motorcycle/dirt bike is similar with traction and weight characteristics of gas bikes. When we took the Altas out on the dirt, the MX33 tires worked out with the best balance of performance and power delivery. On the SM, we used the Rosso II tires and those were awesome once they were warm and hooked really well with the powertrain.
Recently I upgraded finally my SM to the latest Rosso's (IVs now) and its such a big difference with grip. But nothing that would want me to really want a EV motorcycle specific tire. Zero Motorcycles sorta tried out a Pirelli tire that was "EV" friendly but the volumes were small and didn't give that much difference compared to a regular ICE moto tire.

hightechnature

Electric dirt bike tire -good question: My take: I suspect there will someday be an electric dirt bike tire but there are less than 1000 electric dirt bikes on the market and I don't see any manufacturer catering to such a small market. Especially when the standard motorcycle tires do the job satisfactorily.