Flux Performance - eMX startup from Europe

Marko_Flux

Wow, sounds great - lots of nice features. I assume it will be available in the US at some point?

Absolutely! It will be available at least in the US, Europe, Australia and the middle east as soon as we hit the market.

EU is only for the immediate test rides, as we can't ship the prototype overseas (for now). I still encourage you to sign up, maybe we'll be able to arrange something.
If nothing else, it will tell us how many interest is where and allow us to plan accordingly!

Motophyllic

I want one, looks like the best option yet. The next few years are going to be amazing with electric bikes taking over.

Marko_Flux

Thank you chaps!

I absolutely agree, we're at a precipice, electric motorcycles are going to start coming hard. There are and will be a million startups (like us), a lot of them vapourware and most not making it to market. We hope to be in the minority!

The reverse button stems directly from talking to you guys. It's funny, such a technically simple item and I'd never figure you would be looking for it. So thanks for your past suggestions and hopefully we keep on talking to you in the future, to make the perfect bike for your needs!

Marko_Flux

Why Kayaba forks and an Ohlins shock? Why not all Kayaba or all Ohlins?
We first planned (last year) to make a limited series of 100 bikes, all parts on the prototype are selected based on that goal. Ohlins forks are extremely expensive, but we sourced the shock well. With the coming of Stark, that just didn't make sense anymore. Now we shifted all focus on series production.
This bike remains as a first prototype and a developmental platform. We will test several shock options.

For the production bike, it will most likely feature all Showa or KYB suspension, with a possible special edition with A-kit.

Motophyllic

Thank you chaps!

I absolutely agree, we're at a precipice, electric motorcycles are going to start coming hard. There are and will be a million startups (like us), a lot of them vapourware and most not making it to market. We hope to be in the minority!

The reverse button stems directly from talking to you guys. It's funny, such a technically simple item and I'd never figure you would be looking for it. So thanks for your past suggestions and hopefully we keep on talking to you in the future, to make the perfect bike for your needs!
That is so cool that you incorporated that reverse button. I was one of the guys that was emphasizing how important it was and I am super stoked to see it make it on the bike. Thank you very much for making such a killer bike.

Marko_Flux

I'm confused. Are you taking reservations for a prototype or a production bike?

Sorry;
The test rides are for the Primo - the first prototype.
The early pre-orders are for the successor of the Primo, which will be the production motorcycle. That's why we offer a refund anytime, as it's more of a token of support, than a classic pre-order.

The Primo is limited by what is available at this stage; as a 4 member team, working out of pocket.
The production bike is to be made from scratch, which gives us the design freedom to make a better bike.
Here the Primo will help define design directions, provide data from use cases and feedback from testing with customers (you).
Maybe the FAQ page can help with some more info: https://fluxmoto.co/faq/

DonCox

Somebody out there has a true quick change Battery system, XEMX1.com, but it is for a retro fitted electric 2014 Yamaha and above. This is an interview with the Bike conversion system builder and a "A" GNCC rider, and at 6:50 into this interview he shows the battery change. It works in a perimeter type frame, and it looks like the Flux is that type frame. This is a real slick quick change system.
He, the same "A" rider Shawn Clark, takes a lap on the XE4 bike in this YouTube.

testus191

Any videos or at the very least images of the prototype in action? Renderings are cool and all, but it seems very smoke and mirrors to me if you're claiming to have a prototype but unwilling to share any evidence of a solid performing bike.

Marko_Flux

@DonCox That XE4 has a nice system, he did a great job. Our battery is 34kg though, so we prioritised getting it out from the side. We also focused on getting most of the cells as low as possible.
The COG height plays a key role in the weight you feel when riding + reduces weight transfer on braking and acceleration.

@testus191 I announced the upcoming prototype, we're busy finishing it! More pictures of the process are coming soon and ofc the bike itself too.
Alongside, more specs will be published, like weight. Not a statement, but the photo of the bike on a scale. Range will be based on actual riding data (including the public test rides), not from marketing cutting the head of a chicken and seing where it drops. The idea is to be the exact opposite of smoke and mirrors, that is so prevalent in the EV world.

To reiterate:
1. now: Primo renders and preliminary specs
2. soon: Primo (our first prototype and development platform) riding
3. Primo testing with public - your impressions, trying different features to get your feedback (as mentioned; together we build the future)
4. development of the production motorcycle - the successor of the Primo

We're 4 guys working the nights on our own dime, not 20+ full-time employees with 5mil in the bank. This is not a production motorcycle. We're inviting you to join us in the journey towards that goal.

testus191

@Marko_Flux just seems like a lot of your statements kind of indicate there is a prototype already in existence, but I was obviously reading into that incorrectly. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out, hopefully well! I still think battery tech is still a generation or two from being where it needs to be to make electric viable. We need twice the specific energy and twice the energy density.

ssmyers102

Ilike what I see, great work. Also it would be interesting to have a lesser "displacement", not everyone needs 85HP. I would love a 30 HP trailbike with good suspension and long range .