Honda enters the e-mini market with CRF-E2

F451

This really surprised me, looks like an outsourced effort through Greenger Powersports. I wonder if it has any actual Honda parts (wheels, brakes, suspension?), or if its completely non-Honda (probably Chinese) parts?

Very strange.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
only took being on the verge of WW3 for them to come out with somthing Electric :rolleyes:- get on board Honda!

JP racing

My kid has one and doesn’t ride it. I’d rate it 3/10 he rates it a 0.

Among many problems it is too heavy and the throttle maps are not very good for a beginning rider. There isn’t really any engine braking and the brakes are pretty weak. My son found it very difficult to stop and so did I. There may be someone this bike would be good for, it was not MY 8 year old.

On top of that the Honda dealer sent it out the door improperly prepped. Serves me right for buying a bike somewhere they sell mostly gold wings and watercraft but I won’t be going back there.

I intend to take it to a better dealer and trade it in for a Freeride EXC. If anyone wants one I will sell it for whatever the dealer offers but FWIW I would rather trade it back because I really think it’s just not good.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent

Among many problems it is too heavy and the throttle maps are not very good for a beginning rider. There isn’t really any engine braking and the brakes are pretty weak. My son found it very difficult to stop and so did I. There may be someone this bike would be good for, it was not MY 8 year old.

On top of that the Honda dealer sent it out the door improperly prepped. Serves me right for buying a bike somewhere they sell mostly gold wings and watercraft but I won’t be going back there.

I intend to take it to a better dealer and trade it in for a Freeride EXC. If anyone wants one I will sell it for whatever the dealer offers but FWIW I would rather trade it back because I really think it’s just not good.
I suggest your 8yr old try the KTM SX e5.
Highly recommended

13F5B3D4-ABC9-4367-9E5C-F689858FF67B.jpeg

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent

E0805168-DA79-470F-BEE6-9D1C61A0DFEC.jpeg

JP racing

Yeah, I hear that is a good bike. Good maps, good brakes and it meets peewee spec.

I kind of think mine may be headed for miniMoto though. He’s great when he’s sitting and going fast and loves leaning into turns but the second he slows down or stands up on the pegs he falls over ;-)