How many miles/hours do you have on your ALTA

schwankl

Nice numbers, is that the stock tire? If so, happy to hear that.
Honestly thought maybe 300mi. Now thinking, I will get past that point doing 50-50 on/off with my EXR.
I got 1500 miles out of the stock exr metzeler 6 days tires...they were pretty smooth by then.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Nice numbers, is that the stock tire? If so, happy to hear that.
Honestly thought maybe 300mi. Now thinking, I will get past that point doing 50-50 on/off with my EXR.
Yes, that is the stock Metzler tire, probably will make 1000 miles, mostly hard packed gravel and pavement. Grips well enough when it's dry, but damp pavement is really slick, can easily break free in stage 1.

Geci

2018 MXR; 572mi (921km), 23.2hrs. Just got code 36
Note: if you press and hold left button on dash, it switches between miles/mph and kilometers/kph
Front fender bracket broke earlier along with rear fender brass inserts
I couldn't switch between units for some reason. How long do I need to press for?

bluefxstc

2315 miles/89.7 hrs. No issues except a sensitivity to the tail light bulb that caused the bike to turn it off. Bulb worked, but the bike would shut it off. Replaced the bulb with a new bulb and it worked good, go figure.

schwankl

damn @bluefxstc - we are close - on my EXR - Just 10mi apart - at 2325 (if you ever head south let me know if you want to ride, or can point out a few good trails in the wasatch and swell)
1540939033325.png
... got motominded's mxr 2w ago (they said with 644mi in the description, but they had it on km, so really only 400mi on the bike ... I, and a few friends, put on another 150mi last weekend)

Andy J

I triied to change it to “poseur” since that is my favorite associate.
My bike is one of the oldests, hence the time to rack up the mileage though my average speed is about 15 mph.. Two year birthday coming up next week.
2018 EXR 600miles since June. Definitely below 15mph. My problems have been a result of my riding ( broken taillight sliding back down a hill and a couple of codes likely due to water/mud that had to be cleared by rep Matt from Atlanta).

TeslaRaptor

2018 MXR; 572mi (921km), 23.2hrs. Just got code 36
Note: if you press and hold left button on dash, it switches between miles/mph and kilometers/kph
Front fender bracket broke earlier along with rear fender brass inserts

Sorry for bringing back up a thread that is so old...but I was under the impression that the Cod 36 happened in the "first few hours". I have a new 2018 MXR with less than 10 miles sitting in my garage......and am crystal balling if it has the dreaded Code 36. No codes on it as of now...but it hasn't been ridden. Do we know the hour/mile range of when the Code 36 hits....or is it totally random? Thx!

snydes

Staff member
Typically we see this happen early on, but it is possible to have one come loose later in the batteries life. The concern with 2018 MXRs is that the original firmware did not detect the P group imbalance that this condition causes, so if your bike has original firmware the issue could be there and the firmware isn't going to pick it up. Most of us who bought 18's when they were new who eventually had code 36's only found out after the firmware was updated.