Kick stand issue

otbnc

I just picked up an EXR but during transport something happened to the kick stand - it folds too far forward and doesn’t support the bike, a bit of the stand leg has been gouged out where it fell over. Can anyone tell what’s broken / what needs fixing? Thanks!

6555667A-E9BD-4BDD-ADC7-B9BC20243F3A.jpeg

58CD9B4F-BED7-412D-9A02-C17803323915.jpeg

D06B2533-E3BB-48F8-A407-15D94F026AEF.jpeg

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
The actual kickstand bracket is damaged on the retaining tab (bent slightly by the look of it). You need to replace that bracket. Check with the liquidator

rayivers

In your pic #2, your bottom stop is bent way forward (the ones on my MXR look nearly identical top and bottom). If you can't find a replacement bracket, you could try heating the bent stop real hot and bending it back - even a small amount might help. Your pivot bolt might be bent a little too, I'd back it off a full rotation just to check (don't take it off if you don't have to, the kickstand arm isn't fun to reinstall).

otbnc

Ok thanks, managed to find a new bracket so I’ll order that but also try heating and bending the existing one first

Motophyllic

Same thing happened to mine. I leaned the bike in the stand and bent the tab. Liquid performance was kind enough to sell me just the bracket and not the whole stand. Fixed the problem.