New bike help needed

Mikec265

Got my bike today. Vin 4835.

I can't seem to pair the Varg phone and Varg app to the bike.
The app just keeps "searching" for the bike.
Bike is on with green light flashing. Sent a message to support. Figured I'd check here for a solution too if anyone knows anything.

Atleast the bike will run, but the weather is not cooperating here.

Where did you guys go to buy charger adapters?
Would like a Varg plug to 110 and a Varg to regular 240. Idk what this weird plug that comes on it is called to get an adapter.
I'm not impressed with the fact that it doesn't come set up for a normal US citizen to charge it.

In the meantime, I've had graphics, an add on left hand rear brake, fork bleeders, and seat over for a long time waiting to go on it.

Thank you in advance.

Ross Shafer

Got my bike yesterday, had some gremlins, but got it all working. Charged bike (was at 23%) over night with phone in cradle (was at about 90%). This morning, phone is down to 1% and won't connect to bike. Have no clue if the bike is charged up or not as the LED was solid blue indicating it was charging. Bike does work, just no mode setup or anything else available. Have emailed support, will report.

Mikec265

All set besides setting sag and final adjustments on levers. Will wire a 110 on it tomorrow before getting adapters and hopefully hear from support to pair the phone and bike.
IMG_20240510_000743364.jpg

Ross Shafer

Having a similar problem, this morning Stark says the bike is not registered to my Stark Account even though after lot's of messing around the day I got it, I did get everything to work using my account info and sign in. I charged the bike (from 23%) overnight with the 90% full phone in the cradle. Next morning, LED on bike is still in charge mode, phone is down to 1% and there's no connection....tried many times, app opens, and searches for bike with no connection, Bluetooth is seeing the bike but won't pair. Tried deleting the dealer's account from my phone in hopes that might clear the hairball....nope.

This morning I got the dealer's login info, tried that and and got into the "pick which bike" screen...mine was right on top, picked it and still no go. I've tried hard shutdowns. uninstalling and re-installing the app. Stark's reply this morning saying the owner transfer hadn't happened also said I had to take the bike to the dealer to log into the app and change the ownership......dealer is 600miles away.......................hoping between Spain, the dealer and the US rep we can get this fingered out.

Hep me Mr. Wizard!

Mikec265

Having a similar problem, this morning Stark says the bike is not registered to my Stark Account even though after lot's of messing around the day I got it, I did get everything to work using my account info and sign in. I charged the bike (from 23%) overnight with the 90% full phone in the cradle. Next morning, LED on bike is still in charge mode, phone is down to 1% and there's no connection....tried many times, app opens, and searches for bike with no connection, Bluetooth is seeing the bike but won't pair. Tried deleting the dealer's account from my phone in hopes that might clear the hairball....nope.

This morning I got the dealer's login info, tried that and and got into the "pick which bike" screen...mine was right on top, picked it and still no go. I've tried hard shutdowns. uninstalling and re-installing the app. Stark's reply this morning saying the owner transfer hadn't happened also said I had to take the bike to the dealer to log into the app and change the ownership......dealer is 600miles away.......................hoping between Spain, the dealer and the US rep we can get this fingered out.

Hep me Mr. Wizard!
Strange. My bike was charged this morning. My phone was also dead/1%. It's like my phone won't charge in the docking station on the bike. Also the factory power maps were back instead of my custom power maps. I was able to change everything back, but the phone still won't charge unless connected to the USB c charging cord. I visibly checked the dock and wire connectors behind the front number plate, and everything appears fine visually. IDK, but when new stuff doesn't work it's annoying.

stephane

Strange. My bike was charged this morning. My phone was also dead/1%. It's like my phone won't charge in the docking station on the bike. Also the factory power maps were back instead of my custom power maps. I was able to change everything back, but the phone still won't charge unless connected to the USB c charging cord. I visibly checked the dock and wire connectors behind the front number plate, and everything appears fine visually. IDK, but when new stuff doesn't work it's annoying.
The phone does not get charged on the bike. I noticed that the battery of the phone does not last very long which is odd.
You will need to keep your phone charged independently of the bike.

Kurlon

The docking station is supposed to have a wireless charging setup for the phone based on Stark’s literature (page 67 of the owner’s manual for example)?

MadpdXabbott

I had that problem, with the phone not charging on the Doc, it was my fault ! I didn't understand the wireless charging only works if the phone is installed with the Power buttons up/forward. sounds like and easy fix. Hope that helps

Mikec265

I had that problem, with the phone not charging on the Doc, it was my fault ! I didn't understand the wireless charging only works if the phone is installed with the Power buttons up. sounds like and easy fix. Hope that helps
This fixed me up yesterday. I took off the front plate and inspected the connector for nothing. Any wireless charger I've ever seen before works 360 degrees, i assumed it didnt matter. I assumed wrong!

Ross Shafer

After a number of email exchanges with Spain....all is well and working! Yay.....no idea what changed that allowed the bike/phone to cough up its hairball and work. After trying a zillion times over the last 5 days, all of a sudden it worked after my afternoon pasture track session. I'm guessing someone pushed some buttons at the mothership in Spain. Big thanks to Stark Support, Starks' US rep Brian and Matt at Powersports of Sublimity for your help in getting me back up and running.

Also a special shout out and thanks to Daniel Magdaleno in Spain for his help in clearing the hairball that was stalling my bike's delivery!

Top Bottom