New mod today - Added Stark LHRB

jokerio

Added a handlebar mounted rear brake set-up (in addition to the existing foot brake) using the "sleeve insert" from Clake (out of Australia) to modify the OEM Brembo rear Master to except an other brake line (hose) And purchased the handlebar master from Stark that they offer. Check-out the custom install...
If interested, here is the info.. SLR – Pedal Master Cylinder Adapter Kit – CLAKE

image0-2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

rayivers

Nice install! This is pretty much what I'd planned to do, as the 9.5/10.5mm piston Clake MC/lever seemed a bit weird to me. If I can find a 9mm, I might go with that instead.

AL_V

Nice install! This is pretty much what I'd planned to do, as the 9.5/10.5mm piston Clake MC/lever seemed a bit weird to me. If I can find a 9mm, I might go with that instead.
Agree on the 9mm Brembo, however, not sure if I will route the hose that way.
I was lucky to find a brand new Brembo 9mm clutch master on ebay for $160 back in August.
Here's a couple possibilities:

Foss

Just did this mod today, but I had the hydraulic line from Stark cut and retapped with a 45° 10mm head with the pitch in the correct direction. I was able to follow the existing factory hydraulic line path and mount points making it super clean and less likely to snag on anything. Also no drilling or modifications needed going this route. I also maintained the same left hand brake from Stark as well. Looks like it came from the factory with the adjustments I made, extremely hard to notice any difference. I also made the left hand brake a bit more squishy acting as the clutch but still applying the same brake force.

I’ll try and upload some photos later of how I completed the same modification. But thanks to the OP for suggesting this, honestly a great idea.

IMG_5324.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

IMG_5323.jpeg

Foss

Added the photos, if anyone is interested in seeing how I routed it under the body let me know. I don’t mind taking it off tomorrow at some point.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
@jokerio , @Foss -- Could you please post where you bought the hydraulic line (or the line fittings) that work with the the Stark/Formula LHRB master and the Clake insert?

FYI, the Stark/Formula master cylinder uses a banjo fitting, but the Brembo master cylinder uses a straight screw-in fitting. So, the hydraulic lines must match whatever master cylinder you chose.

AL_V

@jokerio , @Foss -- Could you please post where you bought the hydraulic line (or the line fittings) that work with the the Stark/Formula LHRB master and the Clake insert?

FYI, the Stark/Formula master cylinder uses a banjo fitting, but the Brembo master cylinder uses a straight screw-in fitting. So, the hydraulic lines must match whatever master cylinder you chose.
Pretty sure you can still use a M10x1.0 banjo bolt through a 90 degree banjo fitting into the Brembo master cylinder...

Jocke_D

Aren't you guys who have done this awesome mod scared that pressure from the handlebar lever will pop out the sight glas on the "foot master" ???

Jocke_D

No! They are using a special sleeve with an o-ring that isolates the pressure from the sight glass. You can find details on the CLAKE website.
Thanks for the explanation!
I saw the sleeve thing after I commented but was still curious since brake fluid can be seen in the pics.
Must be some fluid left and visible in the sight glass unless you clean it out before mounting the sleeve I guess?!?!

I'm ordering one of those sleeves right now !!

Foss

Aren't you guys who have done this awesome mod scared that pressure from the handlebar lever will pop out the sight glas on the "foot master" ???
This is actually a good question, because I do have a sight glass on the LHRB, who is to say the pressure could blow this window out, there is no adapter to protect this sight window…

I had the Stark Hydraulic line cut and retapped 10mm with a 45° pitch.

For people who are me interested in parts used:

SMX1-BR-RWH-02
Rear hand brake Master cylinder assembly

SMX1-BR-RWH-03
Rear hand brake hose