New VARG Software Update.

wfopete

I'm still having issues with connecting with the app to the bike. Got with Stark several times and the last time I took a video of the process.

The video was too big to load in a Email so Stark sent me a link to upload to them. sent it out today so we'll see what happens.

OneEye

It's been 4 days since I submitted my service request on this and I have yet to receive a reply from Stark other than having my request parroted back to me. I did take advantage of their bot, it said that flashing yellow can indicate an issue with one of the control units as well as the availability of an update.

wfopete

It's been 4 days since I submitted my service request on this and I have yet to receive a reply from Stark other than having my request parroted back to me. I did take advantage of their bot, it said that flashing yellow can indicate an issue with one of the control units as well as the availability of an update.
Give Stark a bump!

erSitzt

Installed the new VCU yesterday, now i have the update... and the red insulation fault warning from time to time. like @jcozine posted in this thread.

@jcozine do you have any feedback ob that warning from start support ?

jcozine

They decided it needs a new battery. They didn’t ask many questions, just said they looked at the data on the bike, so I’m guessing that’s why it took a few days between replies.

Totally speculating here, but I’m guessing I had a problem before the update since I had a flashing red light in neutral and solid red in all run modes, but no msg on the display about it and everything still operated normally. Maybe the update added the message, or maybe it changed the thresholds for when it reports a problem. They said it was a cell balancing issue and not actually dangerous like the warning would lead you to believe.

They had me do one thing to attempt to fix: drain the battery then recharge at the lowest (2A) rate. They said cell balancing only occurs at <80% charge.

FreedomFlyer

I have tried to get a hold of Stark 3 times in the last week to no avail. My bike has never been able to take an update. Probably a bad VCU.
The dealer told me they couldn't update it when I picked it up. Now it really matters to me. I want crawl and reverse mode for these gnarly Idaho single track trails in the boonies.
It would save me a lot of exhaustion especially since these bikes came in 20+ pounds heavier than originally advertised. Still love this thing though.

OneEye

I got a reply from Stark. Their suggestion was to turn off WiFi so that a 4G cell connection could be established instead, and then try to invoke an update. Also suggested waiting 5 minutes with the bike on and before trying the update. My hopes were quickly dashed, still can't invoke an update, so I'm waiting for their next suggestion.

fred900

Did you ever reload the Varg app? Exit, Hold down the Varg app, hit "App info",hit force stop, open VARG APP, wait for the update message, update? If you never did that, you're still running on the old app in memory even know the app says it's the new one. It needs to reload with new program.

Torqu3

Anxious to hear from Torqu3. Still no reply from Stark.
I have been too busy to spend time on my bike unfortunately. I'll be away on vacation and bringing the varg with me, I'll do the update and service call when I get back in a few weeks.

OneEye

I uninstalled all app updates which forced it to re-update and required me to login again. I also tried your suggestion fred900. Still stuck with a flashing yellow LED and am unable to invoke an update. Guess there is a control unit with issues.

fsfs

I uninstalled all app updates which forced it to re-update and required me to login again. I also tried your suggestion fred900. Still stuck with a flashing yellow LED and am unable to invoke an update. Guess there is a control unit with issues.
Did you try holding the map up and down buttons at the same time to start the update? Basically you treat it just like it is flashing magenta. I am no longer familiar with the software but a while ago that would work.

OneEye

Yes I depressed the two map buttons (top button first) simultaneously which is what I meant by invoking an update. No response from the bike. Hopefully Stark has some method to re-FLASH the firmware, or isolate the problem and send the appropriate part. Fortunately the bike is usable cause I'm riding it tomorrow and Thursday.

fred900

Do you have cell signal where your bike is? I had to leave my bike on for 30 minutes or more and kept it awake till it finally showed the update.

OneEye

Yes I have a 4G cell signal in my location. I had my bike on for quite a while today with it blinking yellow the whole time and never did it update when the two map buttons were pressed and held a number of times. I'll try it again tomorrow while I'm packing.

FreedomFlyer

I did a video call with Stark yesterday and they were able to do a remote force push of the software. This successfully updated the firmware in the VCU and I now have crawl mode with reverse! Oh Happy Day. No parts needed and it works great. Going to go do some single track gnarly trails today. I will try crawling over a log and report back. Cheers.

OneEye

I know crawl mode is entered by holding one of the map buttons depressed depending on desired direction. Is crawl mode applied with the buttons, or the throttle?