OX Brake is our official Forum's Sponsor!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Greetings and salutations, Electric Dirt Riders!

I am proud to announce OX Brake as our official Forum's Sponsor!

Jason @TheLHRBguy is the owner of OX Brake. He is a self-described "recovering lawyer", a dirt bike nut, and a huge fan of the LHRB technology. He is excited about the application of LHRB brakes for electric dirt bikes. He couldn't resist the temptation of the Stark Varg and so he already has one on order. Jason is one of us! :ROFLMAO:

Jason has been working on improving the OX Brake product line and releasing new and improved products. He is convinced that his LHRB is the strongest one on the market, and it also solves many of the shortcomings of other LHRB systems. We have several happy OX Brake customers here on the forum (for both OX Brake mechanical and hydraulic systems), and I am sure we will be adding more. Jason @TheLHRBguy will be here to support us with technical advice, installation instructions, and product discounts!

OX Brake now has the Ox Brake sub-forum at Electric Dirt Riders. Please feel free to ask Jason questions in that sub-forum, or you could also contact him via his website:

Especially after the three-year drought with no news about new full-size electric dirt bikes, we greatly appreciate the support of OX Brake. OX Brake will help us keep this valuable forum online and clicking fast.

Please welcome our new sponsor Jason @TheLHRBguy to our forum.

Thank you!

Ben990

I am having issues with my Ox o my 2017 Alta Redshift MX. I added the spacers as specified on their website. Even with the spacers, the lower ball end does not fit well, and the (bleed?) bolt hits the brake pedal, and it is a very tight fit.

Once installed, when I use the LHRB, it does slow down and will lock up the rear wheel as it should, and because of the way the system works, the rear brake pedal depresses too, which is a weird feeling if your foot is on the brake pedal when you use the LHRB. The big issue is that when I use the LHRB, the rear brake pedal stays depressed, and it creates brake drag on the wheel. Any advice?

ajordan282

I am having issues with my Ox o my 2017 Alta Redshift MX. I added the spacers as specified on their website. Even with the spacers, the lower ball end does not fit well, and the (bleed?) bolt hits the brake pedal, and it is a very tight fit.

Once installed, when I use the LHRB, it does slow down and will lock up the rear wheel as it should, and because of the way the system works, the rear brake pedal depresses too, which is a weird feeling if your foot is on the brake pedal when you use the LHRB. The big issue is that when I use the LHRB, the rear brake pedal stays depressed, and it creates brake drag on the wheel. Any advice?
Its been a while since I installed mine, but as I recall I had to play with the spacers/alignment a bit in order to get every thing to line up and not bind. may have even spaced the master cylinder some in order to get everything functioning properly, i dont exactly recall. but once i got it set it has been trouble free since.

Ben990

Its been a while since I installed mine, but as I recall I had to play with the spacers/alignment a bit in order to get every thing to line up and not bind. may have even spaced the master cylinder some in order to get everything functioning properly, i dont exactly recall. but once i got it set it has been trouble free since.
The Ox website says 5 to 10 mm spacers, and the ones I tried were 8.9mm.

Any chance you could see what size you used? Did you need a spacer for the bottom lower ball end too, to move it more inboard?

ajordan282

The Ox website says 5 to 10 mm spacers, and the ones I tried were 8.9mm.

Any chance you could see what size you used? Did you need a spacer for the bottom lower ball end too, to move it more inboard?
i will check asap. I was the first to install an OX on an alta (according to jason/to my knowledge) so I just dove into my bin of washers and played around until it worked fine. granted this was on an MXR, not sure if the setup on the MX is the same.

JP racing

There is one on my out of commission MX, I can check tomorrow.
The guy who installed mine also cut the arm off the brake pedal arm so it may not be much help.

JP racing

There is one on my out of commission MX, I can check tomorrow.
The guy who installed mine also cut the arm off the brake pedal arm so it may not be much help.

It’s set up is a little odd, looks like if the brake arm were there it would be really high. I will try to get the boot off in a bit.

Mine doesn’t seem to affect the brake arm mechanism when I use it though. does your brake pedal go down when you use the hand brake?

7321C9DB-1997-49CF-8955-5CDD1E95F608.jpeg

8CFC8215-7DE7-4F90-9AB0-AC18DD20D292.jpeg

Ben990

I was able to get it to work, but I needed spacers (8.9mm) to move the master cylinder inboard, as well as a small home-made bracket to get the lever connected to the ball end. Everything still isn't lined up as well as I want but I'm going to play around with it some more.

20230422_194558.jpg