Shout out to this forum!

reeldealev

I recently experienced a dead MXR...it wouldn't do anything...and the fear immediately rushed over me, and thought I now have a very large and expensive paperweight. Rather than going at the problem blind, I came to this forum and realized how resourceful this community is! I started with the search function, but really didn't have good luck, but then I eventually found a forum post where @Rashid510 was talking about all the support he was doing to these, so I sent him a DM. Almost immediately he responded back and told me to call him. After some troubleshooting over the phone I had a starting point. I started with the silly push button key switch installed before I purchased, that tested fine, so then it was on to the ACM 9V. After messing with trying to get the ACM out I became stumped again, but eventually found another post showing that you could remove the cover and access the 9v without removing the main pack. I tested the 9V battery and it was only at 6V, so I replaced it and the bike fired right up! Thank you all! I posted about my positive experience on my blog here: https://www.reeldealev.com/updates/altaredshiftsupport

standbyu

I recently experienced a dead MXR...it wouldn't do anything...and the fear immediately rushed over me, and thought I now have a very large and expensive paperweight. Rather than going at the problem blind, I came to this forum and realized how resourceful this community is! I started with the search function, but really didn't have good luck, but then I eventually found a forum post where @Rashid510 was talking about all the support he was doing to these, so I sent him a DM. Almost immediately he responded back and told me to call him. After some troubleshooting over the phone I had a starting point. I started with the silly push button key switch installed before I purchased, that tested fine, so then it was on to the ACM 9V. After messing with trying to get the ACM out I became stumped again, but eventually found another post showing that you could remove the cover and access the 9v without removing the main pack. I tested the 9V battery and it was only at 6V, so I replaced it and the bike fired right up! Thank you all! I posted about my positive experience on my blog here: https://www.reeldealev.com/updates/altaredshiftsupport
Agree.