Please shout up any issues

mbw479

Mine has a solid purple/magenta light. I can’t get it to go away and can’t do anything with the bike. Any ideas?

Torqu3

Mine has a solid purple/magenta light. I can’t get it to go away and can’t do anything with the bike. Any ideas?
Your bike likely has a software update ready to install. Look in the pdf manual or a YouTube video how to install it.

RJS

The manual suggests holding both mode buttons in this condition simultaneously for 5 seconds (Though I have found it takes close to double that amount of time) for the update. The light will change color and then flash in several different colors indicating success...

mbw479

Your bike likely has a software update ready to install. Look in the pdf manual or a YouTube video how to install it.
HI, Stark support have got back to me, it is a different but known issue, with the solid magenta light nothing will respond with the charger connected or not, the bike is completely frozen in this state.

Stark sent me the below to rectify this. Posting for future reference if anyone else comes across the issue.

Thank you for contacting Stark.
We're sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your VARG. Please try the following instructions:

1. Remove the spoiler assembly
  2. Disconnect the CAN BUS connector from the battery (black round connector on the right side of the battery)
  3. While pressing the power button, reconnect the CAN BUS connector and release the power button within 3 seconds.
  4. The bike should turn ON.

mbw479

Other known issues:

The standard tubes are usless, change the straight away.

The oil drain bolt is a t27 head, the supplied t25 will strip the head and require drilling or vice grips to remove it. Buy a t27 torx bit before you undo it.

Kurlon

Other known issues:

The standard tubes are usless, change the straight away.

The oil drain bolt is a t27 head, the supplied t25 will strip the head and require drilling or vice grips to remove it. Buy a t27 torx bit before you undo it.

I'm hearing that it's a tight T30 in some circles?

Swank171

After a month or so with my bike I’ll say one of my biggest gripes is when the Bluetooth pairing drops and it takes me 45 minutes of logging in and out to get the bike and phone together again.

Very annoying. I really think I’d like a built in display and not a phone. There is just too much going on…for me at least.

I was very happy with the display that came when I built that surron up. Just a simple way to tune bike and had a hard wired connection….bluetooth to my phone app was there but the display itself was on the bike and I didn’t need to fiddle with a phone every time I got on the bike or wanted to check battery levels.

erSitzt

hmm my phone did not upload the images on my post.. so second try here

Today while normal riding on a sand track..
No rocks, no crash, no jumps cased.

1712483950223.png
1712483980196.png

In february i asked support if there is an issue and if they will replace footpegs even if they have not failed yet..
This was the Answer
1712484530137.png

I'm not sure what "negligence" is supposed to mean,,,

AL_V

hmm my phone did not upload the images on my post.. so second try here

Today while normal riding on a sand track..
No rocks, no crash, no jumps cased.

View attachment 11184
View attachment 11185

In february i asked support if there is an issue and if they will replace footpegs even if they have not failed yet..
This was the Answer
View attachment 11186

I'm not sure what "negligence" is supposed to mean,,,
You certainly qualify for new pegs. I assume you had the original “breaky” ones.

Chaconne

Not sure where Stark is sourcing parts, but I prefer Asian sourced parts to European ones. My KTMs were often the same way, with unique costly designs that end up difficult to manufacture well with cost constraints.

The Stark is a beautiful bike with awesome design and ends up with a piece of shit Euro kickstand. The Japanese had this kind of detail stuff mastered in the 70s.

mbw479

I had to change the battery on mine yesterday due to a fault from new, following the stark instructional video is perfect for removing the old battery, however I had problems installing the new battery following starks video, as have other people I have seen on facebook groups. The battery gets twisted easily coming down on that angle, and gets stuck.

I got mine in by having someone hold the bike upright, and sitting the battery on a pushup quicklift stand. It went straight up into position first go, I put the top rear bolt in, then moved the battery slightly by hand to line up the other bolt holes. Very easy.