Sur Ron Ultra Bee

F451

Im in the same boat. I have a heavily modded surron as well(60v65Ah battery, 16 rear wheel, marzocchi shock, ktm 65 front end, KO controller etc). Wish it was at least announced before I started modding mine.
I've been wringing my hands for over a year now trying to decide if I should buy a Light Bee and mod it up ($$$). Held out mainly due to my height, at 6'5" just didn't think it would work too well. Then the Talaria Sting came out, and same thing, major hand wringing. Just when I was about to pull the trigger on a Talaria, I heard about the Ultra Bee coming out "soon".

Glad I waited as I'll fit on the Ultra a lot better then the other two, although it will still be too small for me, but all dirt bikes are a bit tight for me, even with all the usual tall guy mods.

For the Light Bees, I would think they would hold their value fairly well still, they are still plenty capable, and super light, gotta be a market for them used even with the Ultra Bee coming out I would think. Even though, for me personally, with these e-dirt bikes, when I have spent the coin on them I just figure I may or may not get a decent price if/when I sell them used, just too hard to judge how the market for them will go.

mr.skywalker

Yea Im pretty sure I could get close to price of the Ultra for my Light bee but it actually is already a good bike and my dad and wife are the ones who will use it the most now that Ive got a beta xtrainer. I was building the surron for hard enduro but it looks like those events I was planning to run have all been cancelled at least for the next year so its kind of in limbo for its use for me. My dad really likes the light bee bc its manageable for him but the xtrainer is just to easy to ride for me to want to ride the light bee on the trails I m on now. We are both on smaller side, hes 5'9 and Im barely 5'8. The Ultra would just be that perfect middle ground and keep the nice stock powertrain configuration and just slap on a 21 front and gummy 19 rear tire but then its basically to close to the xt for me to get it unless they start up the ebike class hard enduro again.

mr.skywalker

I have to drive to really ride anywhere. Nice thing is surron can go on the hitch of the car rather than having to use the truck or pull out the trailer for the beta. Mine is the 300 as well.

B. FRANK

awesome bikes, I ride it when riding for the day, the Altas battery won't last that long. I'm not a racer anymore, I'm 64 and for trail riding the xtrainer is just so friendly and capable. sorry to rave about ice bikes on an ebike forum but these bikes are great.

mjcother

I don't know about the ultra bee but the light bee cannot be street legal in the United States because it doesn't have a 17 digit vin #. early licensers got legal before anyone noticed what was happening. I was too late. perhaps the ultra bee also only has a 15 digit vin# too. many things are legal in Europe that aren't here. 2 strokes, trials bikes etc. don't get too excited about the electronics and pegs, they won't be on the u.s. models. sorry to be a bubble buster.
My LBX's have a 17-digit VIN, it does not show up in the NHSTA database as valid, but it is 17 digits with a year digit of N (2022) and a valid check digit.

I have 2 UltraBees on order direct from the China seller I got the LBX's from, and they stated they also have 17-digit... I am hoping for a very easy trip with them in the back of the truck to the DMV...

1675083884314.png

DonCox

That is why many of us are going to a solid dirt bike and mod-ing them to Electric. The QS Motor , and ME motors on YX250F frames, the QS motor on CRF frames, the QS motor on RM frames. the QS motor on KX100 frames. All of these have known ride quality, and tons of aftermarket good stuff. Here is one YouTube of a DIY RM in a Hare Scramble. It is in other posts on this forum. The RM owner sells kits to do this to the RM with a quick change battery. Lithium-king.com
The guy that beats the RM off the gate is another DIY YZ electric build. If you want to see the others, I have you tube links to most of the others.

B. FRANK

My LBX's have a 17-digit VIN, it does not show up in the NHSTA database as valid, but it is 17 digits with a year digit of N (2022) and a valid check digit.

I have 2 UltraBees on order direct from the China seller I got the LBX's from, and they stated they also have 17-digit... I am hoping for a very easy trip with them in the back of the truck to the DMV...

View attachment 9572
SUR RON HAS OBVIOUSLY ADDRESSED THE VIN DISCREPENCY. GOOD LUCK TO YOU

enjoythesilenc

View attachment 9572
I have a LBX from europe with 17 digit vin. The first 3 characters are different from yours . Don't those identify the OEM?

Jury is still out on Ultra Bee VIN usefulness in my book until I see an actual photo from someone who has them in hand

F451

Tucker did a range test on the prototype Ultra Bee, very interesting, about in line with my MXR. He runs the battery down to about 10% SOC where the power is cut significantly. Summary:

~19 miles mx track.

~26 miles single track.

~46 miles milking it on flat gravel road.

B. FRANK

Lots of cool stuff coming down the electric bike pipeline. I wish I had waited for this before building up my light bee, but by the time I bought one of these and built it up there would probably be something even cooler. Both dirt, street and mountain bike wise this sector is improving almost daily. Build kits and diy's are getting more commonplace and each one seems to be better than the next! You buy something and it is soon eclipsed by bigger, better, faster, stronger, sooo...I am going to make the ultimate bike chant for these exciting times. ready......I WISH I HAD WAITED!!

Number Six

I am going to make the ultimate bike chant for these exciting times. ready......I WISH I HAD WAITED!!

Yeah, it's like mid-seventies all over again - without the noise.

So .. if the 4kw Ultra bee gets 26mi on pretty fast single track, then the 6kw Varg ( + 50% ) would presumably be good for either side of about 40 miles ?
Thats about an all day ride on the terrain we ride in, & full power wont even be close to being needed, presumably furthering range yet still.
I'll add what may become another common phrase going forward ; " I sold my two stroke "

B. FRANK

I downloaded the light bee x operators manual but it is not my light bee, different display plus high/low beam, brake light, turn signals etc. must be European street legal version. so your ultra bee will most likely be euro version too. maybe American versions will show up soon.

autohog

Hey all, I just put down a deposit for an Ultra Bee with Charged Cycle Works in Utah (USA). Very excited to see what this "in between" bike is all about. I will report back more when I receive the bike.

More info here: Charged Cycle Works Sur Ron Ultra Bee Pre-Order

Price: $6,499 USD (+ shipping, estimated $350 continental US).
Expected delivery: late March/April 2023.
Not street legal (no turn signals).

View attachment 9523

Specs:
12.5kW peak power (more than double the light bee x)
72V/55Ah Lithium Ion
187lb (85kg) weight
max range of 87 miles at 25mph
56 mph top speed
0-31mph in 2.3 seconds
3 riding modes (Eco, Daily, Sport)
Traction control, regenerative braking, adjustable throttle sensitivity
4 hour charge time via conventional 120V wall outlet
Will be sold as an off-road model in the USA (no turn signals).

POWERTRAIN Specs:
Motor Type: Permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM)
Peak Power: 12.5 KW
Peak Torque: 440 Nm (325 ft-lbs)
Top Speed: 90 km/h (56 mph)
Max Range: 87 miles @ 25 mph, depending on terrain
Battery Pack: 72V/55Ah Lithium Ion
Charging Time: 4 Hours (0-100%)

RIDER AIDS:
Riding Modes: Sport, Daily, Eco, Reverse
Rider Aids: Surron Traction Control System (SRTC), Surron Energy Regenerative System (SERS)
Reverse Gear: Button-activated

CHASSIS:
Frame: Forged aluminum alloy
Swingarm: Forged aluminum alloy
Front Suspension: 37 mm inverted fork, 240 mm (9.4") travel, fully adjustable
Rear Suspension: Adjustable TR Intersect monoshock, 240 mm wheel travel
Front Wheel: 19" wire-spoked rim, 80/100-19 off-road tire
Rear Wheel: 19" wire-spoked rim, 90/90-19 off-road tire
Front Brake: 240 mm hydraulic disc
Rear Brake: 240 mm hydraulic disc
Curb Weight: 85 kg (187 lbs)
Max Load: 100 kg (220 lbs)
Vehicle Dimensions: 79.1 x 34.6 x 46.4" (2,010 x 880 x 1,178 mm)
Ground Clearance: 318 mm (12.5")
Wheelbase: 1,380 mm (54.3")
Seat Height: 910 mm (35.8")

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
USB Connection: Single USB-2.1A Outlet
Instrumentation: LCD Digital Dash
Headlight: LED

Not sure if it will be able to be titled in WA State, whether it comes with an MSO, whether it has a VIN# that is usable for titling, etc. Will see.
Can't wait to hear back.