The big Stark Varg supermoto information topic

gewoontim

IMG_4407.jpeg

I also did my first session on the Varg on the supermoto track. Had a lot of fun, but noticed some really heavy engine braking (as in: locking up rear wheel) after closing the throttle on the straight. Got a new powertrain from Stark, so will be installing that this week and do a second test next Sunday.

My conclusions were:
- Equal fast to 450s, maybe a bit faster.
- My laptimes were 3s slower, but that might also have something to do with the fact that my last proper session was 3 years ago.
- Didn’t notice any thermal limitations.
- The battery lasted 3 sessions of approximately 15 minutes each. I traveled a total of 42km. Power goes only noticiably down at only 10% SoC or so.
- The bike didn’t feel as fast as on the parking lot, but might have something to do with the fact that you use less throttle when going out of the corners.

gewoontim

What gearing are you running, and what map setup if you don't mind sharing?
Stock gearing and 80hp map with 100% regen. But I used the 60hp map in the corners, as I find the throttle curve too steep in the 80hp map. It is about time they release the throttle curve adjustment, because I feel like that is the main reason people don’t like the 80hp.

Beagle

Just going by what the commentators noted, and you can see he didn't have as much motor as he was being chased down on the last lap of the B heat. He could have dropped modes to save battery?
Indeed they said that on live commentary though I think he lapped 1'22-1'24 all race long.

Actually his last 5 laps in race 2 are quite steady:
1'23.9
1'23.3
1'23.9
1'24.0
1'24.3

However his pace did drop by a couple of seconds for the 3rd race. Hopefully we'll get more info but it's not obvious his bike had any issues (in race 2 at least).

Fukenfast

I had some free time today and a spare WP rear shock from a 2018 KTM 450 SXF. I removed the bushings and replaced them with the one's from the Stark's KYB shock. The tolerance in the WP shock's bearing requires the bushing. to be pressed in, where the KYB shock's tolerance allows the bushing to almost fall out. When measured with calipers The diameter of the internal bushing is ~1mm off. I used a little grease and the dust seal from the WP shock to seat the KYB bushing and buttoned everything up.

The WP shock requires the use of a KTM lower shock bolt.

The only noticeable issue is the size of the shock bladder. The bladder is mated against the plastics and may require some modification. I'll refrain from cutting until I move the xact pro over from my 450.

IMG_1237.jpeg