The big Stark Varg supermoto information topic

mbw479

If you do get more speed out of it let me know, I am curious to see what speed they can pull in ideal conditions. I will try again since the new update has increased peak HP.

fedesm297

For the front, I ordered the MDC triples to run my WP cone valve forks with KTM Alpina Wheels. This setup requires the xtrig 200mm axle, wheel spacer and front rotor spacer. I got those parts from toxic Moto racing. I installed beringer stage-2 kit (axial mount). I also installed slidemoto axle slider from toxic that fit the KTM trig axle. Basically, moved my whole front end over from the KTM 450 SX-F I was racing.

For the rear, I modified the rear bushing to install my wp xact pro shock. I took 2mm off the outside of the bushing for the shock to fit inside the frame mount on the stark. The alpina from my KTM moved over with no parts needed (just KTM wheel spacers). I will say the stock rear brake is a PITA, so I mounted a beringer 2-piston caliper with beringer rotor on the stock brake line. I also picked up a set of custom made sliders from Toxic that replace the stark axle blocks for a clean fit. I have a beringer clutch lever I'll move over once I get a custom line for the rear brake from coremoto...need to measure the line na order one, but the stock setup is working for now. The stock setup uses a 8mm banjo at the lever.

I also added a guts seat cover and switched to a 15 tooth front and 45 rear. I race with a guy running 15/39 and he's turning crazy fast laps still. I'll stay with the 15/45 as it allows a swap without having to break the chain.

For what it's worth, the kick stand works with SM wheels. I was told warp9 is working on a longer kickstand that will actually work for dirt duty, as the stock one is way to short.

The pic below was before suspension swap.

View attachment 11378
How did you mount the xact pro shock?? I tried mounting one but doesn't fit, it hits the frame

zaidar61s

Yeah, 5" rear!
Using 4.25 with slick tires is no good. And in my experience also road tires on 4.25 gets wider than on 5" if using 150/160 wide. Have never tried 130/140 though.
Hiya wondering if you can assist, was the 5.00 a struggle to fit on the stark?

Would you advise me to go for a 4.25 or 5” on the stark?

Thanks

BeardyTroll

Thanks
5" fits just fine, no reason to run 4.25" sure it takes just a little finesse to get it past the caliper but dropping in from the top makes it pretty easy. Im running 160/60-17 on a 5" and everything clears, no chain bite. Gearing at 15/45 means you don't need to break the chain and it doesn't eat the chain pivot slider like crazy. Also worth a mention that warp9 was awesome to purchase from, super easy, maybe not the cheapest or highest performance but solid wheels with great customer service

Jocke_D

Thanks
5" for sure. With 160 rear.
I've tried a couple of times with 4.25" and 150 but they always (don't understand why I have done it more than once...) end up being wider in the end when mounted on the rim...

It takes some practise to get it into the swing arm without scratching the rim but it is possible.