Throtle Problem Alta

dmldiego

I have a problema that when You turn the bike on. It only responds once to the throtle, then it does not respond. I ordered a new kill Swich thinking that was the problema but still the same thing happens.. I was looking for a new throtle but can't find one..IMG_20240105_111725.jpg

F451

I'm no expert on Alta issues, but if it's your throttle, I believe there were 3 different types of throttles put on the Altas over the years.

Liquid Performance on ebay has this model, note the connector style: Alta Motors THROTTLE ASSEMBLY, OVERMOLDED [2100664-04] | eBay. Liquid Performance has been very good to deal with for Alta parts for me and others here.

My 2018 MXR came with the Hirschmann Hall Effect 65 degree throttle, I've seen it sold at various places, a quick google search showed it available here in Australia. If this is the one you need, perhaps you can find it closer to home?
ELMOFO Hirschmann 65 Deg Hall Effect E-Throttle

And perhaps someone here can chime in on your issue and help troubleshoot further, good luck.

dmldiego

Thanks . Yes I normally order from them partes.. like the kill switch. The 12 sprocket mine was old.
Well looking at the conector of the throtle it's none of them.. the one that this bike has is a semy square with 7 cables that come out off the body. My question would be if I order one could I chance the tip of the conector.?? Or cut and add the new part.. thanks for your time.. IMG_20240105_151337.jpg

Oded

If you are experiencing the same throttle issue as I did, than replacing the throttle will not help unfortunately.

please read the following thread -

Flynryan

If you are experiencing the same throttle issue as I did, than replacing the throttle will not help unfortunately.

please read the following thread -

Did you ever get the issue resolved?

dmldiego

Did you ever get the issue resolved?
So far the throtle only works once every time I turn the bike ON.
BEFORE I CHANGED the on/off button it did not work at all.
But I cleaned the throtle at the same time .. so I don't know if it was the change or if it worked better bye cleaning the throtle..

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
So I believe this information is tucked away in this forum, but the throttle issue is always a problem (should be sticked tbh) @Philip

(2100664-04 THROTTLE ASSEMBLY, OVERMOLDED) - These are for early VIN Altas (MX specfically, VIN99 is the rough cut point. (This is the one @F451 posted)

(2103959-00 THROTTLE, HALL EFFECT, HIRSCHMANN, 65 DEG, CONNECTORIZED, SHORTENED) - These are for All Dirt variant bikes (MXR, EXR, MX and EX) after VIN99. The shortened piece makes it easier to install grips. (@dmldiego you need this one)

(THROTTLE, HALL EFFECT, HIRSCHMANN, 65 DEG, CONNECTORIZED 2102308-03) - These are meant for SM, they have a slightly longer throttle tube, but can be modified to fit the Alta variants that do not use the -04.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The throttle and other part numbers are stickied here:

I also just copied this throttle info into the Alta Part Numbers thread:

EDR1

I'm no expert on Alta issues, but if it's your throttle, I believe there were 3 different types of throttles put on the Altas over the years.

Liquid Performance on ebay has this model, note the connector style: Alta Motors THROTTLE ASSEMBLY, OVERMOLDED [2100664-04] | eBay. Liquid Performance has been very good to deal with for Alta parts for me and others here.

My 2018 MXR came with the Hirschmann Hall Effect 65 degree throttle, I've seen it sold at various places, a quick google search showed it available here in Australia. If this is the one you need, perhaps you can find it closer to home?
ELMOFO Hirschmann 65 Deg Hall Effect E-Throttle

And perhaps someone here can chime in on your issue and help troubleshoot further, good luck.
The ELMOFO Hirschmann is not the correct throttle for the 2018 MXR. The MXR use a dual redundant version with 2 x Hall effect transistor circuits… also made by Hurshmann. It has a 6-pin JST connector (3-pins for each Hall effect circuit)