Varg for Supermoto

HOC

Hello, I have a deposit on a Stark VARG, with the intention of using it for SM. This will be my first electric motorcycle. Do you think it is possible to achieve a "slipper-clutch effect"? Without gears, is a slipper even needed? Knowing Stark has no input for this, there are currently no aftermarket Triple Clamps or rear links, but wheels and brakes are easy, what are peoples thoughts on a Varg for SM? Thanks!!

Redbull

Or very high.
I too will want to make mine a tard and assume that in order to get the rear sliding I will have to run a really high engine breaking setting. I don't know how else you can replace banging it down two gears and a fast but smooth clutch let off to get it backing in. Maybe the body a bit more forward to unweight the rear end more on the varg and come in a little harder on the front brake? Definitely going to be different. Can any Alta sm guys chime in?

fedesm297

The slipper clutch is needed only during downshifts to reduce the bouncing effect of the rear wheel caused by the sudden increase of the engine brake. I don't think it's necessary to simulate it, the bike doesn't need it. You should ride it clean, without sliding when on the brakes. I think a mid to low engine brake setup would be the best, but it's just my supposition. If you search for Eddy Frech on Instagram (he's a german supermoto rider) he has tested a Varg in supermoto trim (not just wheels but also suspensions, brakes, etc)

HOC

Hello everyone! Thank you very much for this information!! fedesm297, just what I was hoping for! I am looking forward to receiving it, getting wheels and brakes on it and starting to play. Thanks again!!!

Dirt-E

I agree with fedsem. Slippers are for eliminating or reducing wheel bounce on decel. You can adjust regen on the stark so you'll be able to tune to suit your needs. Rider weight will likely have an impact, so it would be helpful to experiment with it for a while. I have an EXR and rode it on the street for a while. It never seemed to have bad tendencies regardless of how I rode it, but it would've been nice to have adjustable parameters. A simulated clutch would be even better.

SubSonic

Yes will make a Perfect Supermoto -
dial engine brake to what you like
If I had one would soften up suspension and seventeens =

SubSonic

Varg will make Great supermoto -
i have not seen how adjustable setting in speed controller are yet-
my hope is there is Slider switch type setting adjusters - that Really work

Being able to dial in motor characteristics acceleration and the way motor does this is what is
the Main Advantage of E motorcycles have right now -

SubSonic

Yup like that and works well -

I let a long time bicycle rider ride gas YZ250 supermoto -
he had never ridden a MC or a supermoto -
after 2 days of riding he was Pulling in clutch and Freewheeling thru Hardest part of turns -
it worked for him and he was pretty fast doing it -
can see this working even Better on a E MC