What is everyone's revised delivery dates?

E-woodrider

£11,000 ? £10,000 for you right ? I assume you ordered about the same time as me as you are just two days later delivery. I know the price went up . . .but it was £10k when I ordered. I think the bikes will be OK . . .press reviews are good.
Ah, that explains it. It will almost certainly be the same motor but probably an upgraded controller. I don't need 80Hp . . . ! :)

UKLee

Ah, that explains it. It will almost certainly be the same motor but probably an upgraded controller. I don't need 80Hp . . . ! :)
Neither do I but as I say I thought it might well put less stress on motor/battery/etc, (bit like getting the V8 instead of the V6) Hardly knew any details about these bikes at the time of ordering....come to think of it still don't from what I read press testers hardly got any time on the bikes, they could overheat and cut out or go in to limp mode after 10 minutes hard riding? any one seen one fast charged then ridden hard? How hard do you have to "case" it to do damage to the very exposed battery? what is the price of a new battery if you do? I still have concerns about these fancy chain adjusters, any one with basic engineering knowlage will see what I am getting at.

Stark are very good at putting up videos and positive comments etc of there no doubt well paid big name testers with opinions for sale;) but not so good at answering potential customers questions/concerns. IMO they should take note most have only put a very small deposit on these bikes and with a global recession just around the corner people might well decide that 10/11 grand might well be better spent on basic life needs instead of some bike from a company with no history or have ever built anything before who just appeared and clam to build a bike better than anything already available.
Great if they can that is why I put my 100 quid down but I for one want a lot more evidence that this is the real thing and reliable before I start paying out any more money.

E-woodrider

Neither do I but as I say I thought it might well put less stress on motor/battery/etc, (bit like getting the V8 instead of the V6) Hardly knew any details about these bikes at the time of ordering....come to think of it still don't from what I read press testers hardly got any time on the bikes, they could overheat and cut out or go in to limp mode after 10 minutes hard riding? any one seen one fast charged then ridden hard? How hard do you have to "case" it to do damage to the very exposed battery? what is the price of a new battery if you do? I still have concerns about these fancy chain adjusters, any one with basic engineering knowlage will see what I am getting at.

Stark are very good at putting up videos and positive comments etc of there no doubt well paid big name testers with opinions for sale;) but not so good at answering potential customers questions/concerns. IMO they should take note most have only put a very small deposit on these bikes and with a global recession just around the corner people might well decide that 10/11 grand might well be better spent on basic life needs instead of some bike from a company with no history or have ever built anything before who just appeared and clam to build a bike better than anything already available.
Great if they can that is why I put my 100 quid down but I for one want a lot more evidence that this is the real thing and reliable before I start paying out any more money.
Well that's the early adopter risk. It's almost certainly going to under-deliver in some areas . . .but there has been such a broad range of good independent press reviews that you have to take some confidence from. If you're still unsure, take delivery and immediately sell it - chances are you'd have plenty of buyers - even in a recession. . . and may even make a few quid. You can then wait for Gen2 when all the bugs have been worked through.

UKLee

It seems the AMCA here in the uk are allowing electric bikes now in the MX1 class.

E-woodrider

It seems the AMCA here in the uk are allowing electric bikes now in the MX1 class.
Don't know any detail on that but a few years back I had a head-banging few months with the ACU to get electric bikes approved in their junior classes. Eventually got there, but they insisted on a limit on BHP so I'd be surprised if AMCA don't set some level of limit . . .especially for Stark's claimed 80BHP. That'll be viewed as an unfair advantage.

AL_V

E-woodrider said:
Stark has confirmed that all hardware is identical on 60hp vs 80hp. It is just a Tesla style software limitation, and can also be upgraded after purchase for a (so far unannounced) price.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
still may 23 - growing antsy but dont want to buy ktm freeride for a year then loose my ass on resale - need wheels to chase my son though:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

UKLee

Speed utv are giving constant in depth updates on how it is going, stark are giving......nothing at all

UKLee

But do you see either on trail?
Yes I see RG and his team doing thousands of testing miles out on the trails whilst the stark has issues trying to do a few laps of a mx track.
I also see thousands of signed off production parts for the Speed utv.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Yes I see RG and his team doing thousands of testing miles out on the trails whilst the stark has issues trying to do a few laps of a mx track.
I also see thousands of signed off production parts for the Speed utv.
Ok let me clarify-any paying customers on trail?

UKLee

Ok let me clarify-any paying customers on trail?
No, but it is not difficult to see the Speed utv is not far off now, put it this way If I had put a deposit on a speed utv and I was told it would be delivered in a few weeks I would be happy about it and have some faith it will be a good product.
If Stark said my bike will be delivered in a few weeks I think I would turn it down.

Jaynen

Mine moved from Nov 30 to Jan 30th, I don't understand the big deal UKLee Ford has trucks people have on order that havent been delivered in over 8 months and thousands sitting in parking lots waiting for chips in Kentucky? Are they a big rip off scam artist too?

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Heres one thing to take note. Cells (18650s - 21700s) are hard to procure and allocate. Doesnt matter if your part of the big auto industry or your a po-dunk garage, the cell manufacturers are really stacking on whos building what.

From all videos Stark is using Molicel. Molicel has lead-times of 6 to 7 months for cells (large allocations). Even bigger companies like HD are having issues getting samples from Molicel.