What is everyone's revised delivery dates?

JP racing

Heres one thing to take note. Cells (18650s - 21700s) are hard to procure and allocate. Doesnt matter if your part of the big auto industry or your a po-dunk garage, the cell manufacturers are really stacking on whos building what.

From all videos Stark is using Molicel. Molicel has lead-times of 6 to 7 months for cells (large allocations). Even bigger companies like HD are having issues getting samples from Molicel.

I agree solving supply chain issues in battery manufacturing is going to be the dominant factor in who can deliver EV product for the next few years.

Hopefully Stark is agile enough to figure it out.

AL_V

Mine moved from Nov 30 to Jan 30th, I don't understand the big deal UKLee Ford has trucks people have on order that havent been delivered in over 8 months and thousands sitting in parking lots waiting for chips in Kentucky? Are they a big rip off scam artist too?
Have you checked lately?
I just checked mine, ordered Dec 16 2021, delivery was originally Nov25 2022, then shifted to Jan31 2023, NOW Sep30 2023! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!

privateer703

AOF Addict
I see why it's taking so long, they are literally reinventing the wheel. It's probably just a stock model, but they do seem to be engineering components that could have been stock, that was some fancy engineering for a swingarm.

rk42

I was expecting another delay but damn, 8 months is long... my current bike will be toast by then.

JP racing

24 hours after we are talking about how supply chain issues are going to make them miss delivery targets we get an announcement that literally says exactly that.

6-7mo lead time on cells, 8mo delay…
That checks out.

Chadx

An additional 9 month delay itself, on top of the previous delays, doesn't bother me that much. Excited to get bikes, but another delay was expected. Only part that bugs me is in the video he states "a few months delay; Log in to see" and then I log in and it's 9 month delay. He set me up for double disappointment there! Ha. Wish he would have just said "a delay" rather than "a few months delay" which to me means 3 months delay. The most recent move is 9 more months on my first order, 8 more months on second order, and 4 months on third order.

I have three orders. Here are the ordered dates and how the estimated moved dates have changed over time.
CC1. Ordered: 12/14/21. Estimated delivery date moved three times. 9/24/22 to 12/25/22 to 9/30/23.
CC2: Ordered: 02/08/22. Estimated delivery date moved once: 4/21/23 to 12/28/23
CC3: Ordered: 05/29/22. Estimated delivery date moved once: 8/09/23 to 02/28/24.

Interesting story, I'm in big town (I guess we've grown in to a small city, now) of 50,000 people. My wife was talking to a gentlemen last week and dirtbikes came up and then the Varg. He said that all 3 of his adult sons have orders in. I think I'm going to run into more of these on the trails than I expected.

Number Six

Original delivery for the 1st orders was indicated as Sept 22, revised now Aug of 23.
11 months .. not a great look, likely they were overambitious to begin with.
Stark should get a few bikes stateside ( or somewhere ) & let the media test them under 'real world' conditions & report.
Don't think that's too much to ask .. so yeah, throw us a bone Stark, one that doesn't involve another delay.

E-woodrider

Yep, 9 months+ for me as well (End of July 23). It's a normal human gestation period, so starting a family might be easier (and more pleasurable) than ordering a Varg 🥴

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
One other factor to take note of..Homologation. They need to validate the vehicle with the DOT, EU and also any other governing bodies. The EU has very strict and stringent rules which take...time. Also I dont see ABS on these bikes, which means there off road only...unless the plan a dual sport kit...

Chadx

The EU has stringent rules and requirements for motocross bikes? Nothing like that in the USA, for motocross or enduro (non-street legal, race bikes), so hard to relate I guess. And only requirement for trail riding any dirtbike in forest sevice and BLM land is spark arrestor in the exhaust, so no worries there.
The street legal, dual sport will have a lot of USA requirements, but not offroad bikes.

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
The EU has stringent rules and requirements for motocross bikes? Nothing like that in the USA, for motocross or enduro (non-street legal, race bikes), so hard to relate I guess. And only requirement for trail riding any dirtbike in forest sevice and BLM land is spark arrestor in the exhaust, so no worries there.

They have stringent rules for vehicles. Being that its a brand new vehicle it has to go through all the homologation reqs and electrical tests (especially electrical) before a world make idenfier can be given to the manufacturer (im curious what Stark will get)

For the US, it is not as intense, but thats what a NOT FOR ROAD USE sticker is used for on the headstock along with the MSO/Title.

Cocopop

Was March 23>>>>>now December 23.Expected to hear was going to take longer than first quoted.

You can make a motocross bike road legal in UK easily homologated or not.
You don’t need lights or indicators,you do have to add a horn and a Speedo.
You get a Certificate of newness from the Manufacturer for fee £50/100 usually.
Insure it on frame number,get an MOT(daytime only) and then register it with the DVLA.
They’ll send you v5 with a reg number.
It’ll be no different to do with a StarkVarg i’d think,obviously won’t need to add a Speedo as the phone/display will have one so probably just need to add a horn.

UKLee

Yep, 9 months+ for me as well (End of July 23). It's a normal human gestation period, so starting a family might be easier (and more pleasurable) than ordering a Varg 🥴
Same for me.
Look on the bright side whilst waiting for parts they can re design the battery set up to make it hot swap and give it some proper protection.;)

Chadx

Why would you want to swap the battery while the bike is still powered on (hot swappable)?

Ha. Just giving you a hard time. I know you mean "quick change" and not "hot swappable" which there is no reason for and would require two power sources. Unless... they could make an optional battery-changing drone that could fly in and do a battery swap as you are riding down the trail. But then, the prop wash off the props of a drone big enough to carry that battery pack would probably knock us off the bike anyway. Ha.

fsfs

Original delivery for the 1st orders was indicated as Sept 22, revised now Aug of 23.
11 months .. not a great look, likely they were overambitious to begin with.
Stark should get a few bikes stateside ( or somewhere ) & let the media test them under 'real world' conditions & report.
Don't think that's too much to ask .. so yeah, throw us a bone Stark, one that doesn't involve another delay.

If I were in your position I would gladly take the delay. I know certain things ;)

wildman240

I'm ok with the wait especially if it means additional testing, development, and process improvements to both the bike (hardware and software) and the production lines. It also gives me time to buy the Husky Norden I've been trying to get for a year.