24 Hours of Starvation Ridge 2023

bluefxstc

We are currently 6 months out from the race. The race is Oct 29 & 30 this year. Who is interested in participating in the 2023, 24 Hours of Starvation Ridge? We had Alta teams in 2019, 2020 & 2022. We skipped 2021 because we didn't get our act together soon enough. It is a great race to do as a team. The first year we had a team of 6, but in the second year we only had 3. We can have up to 6 riders on a team but we did ok with 3. If we get more than 6 riders we will just split the teams and have 2 or 3 teams. Last year it was me, @Jared, his son, @Philip & @pb Basically it is about a 15-17 mile course through farmers fields, canyons surrounding the fields, and a couple of buildings for good measure. You can find the posts and picture's on our previous races here and here. It is a great event and a good opportunity to hang out with other electric riders. It would be awesome to have Stark or two here @TCMB371 & @F451. Everyone is welcome. For those coming from the east, you are welcome to spend a night here in Boise on your way, it is a 5-6 hour drive from my house to the track. I have plenty of room to park motovans or campers. Here is a video clips from last years race or you can search YouTube for more.

@Bionicman @C5tor @Rashid510 @standbyu @Seatbounce @Guy9924 @ahaley1117 @Ambers211 @CR119 @Goat Whore @Kyuzo @window2time @apbaguley @blbills @Panavision @torostrong @jetrep @Smerwin43 @73Thing @Butch @Dluxor1 @JFT @electrobrap @Mark911 @pb

bluefxstc

The race web site says the dates are Oct 29 & 30, but that is a Sunday/Monday. Normally the race is Saturday/Sunday so I am thinking the actual date is Oct 28 & 29th. I am in, as @Redwolf, who else? It is a great race and the more the merrier so lets get some electric bikes out there.

bluefxstc

The address for the pit area is 1140 Niva Rd, Centerville, WA 98613. The address actually puts the pin south of the pit area which you can see in the picture, but it will get you there. Good possibility that in the race we will go over the pin so come join us.

1697900192301.png

bluefxstc

Just finished my first lap. Course is 19-20 miles long. Course is fast with fewer rock gardens this year. Next lap will be in the dark so we will see how that goes. Weather is extreme clear, but cold. High about 45f with lows about 25f. Will be interesting it it really starts to freeze.

bluefxstc

Awesome Race and great weekend. If you weren't there, you missed a great event. Weather was good, clear but cold and the rain earlier in the week kept the dust down so that was nice. With the cold it occasionally got a little slick, but I didn't have a problem so I think that was spotty.

So what about next year? @Jared, @Redwolf and I all agreed we are definitely going back again next year, just too much fun to miss a year. Next year instead of a team we think we will do individual entries. This will allow us to ride as much as personal fitness/desire and charging allows, ride/race together if we want and get in more day light laps than we can as a team. The cost is about the same. This year it was $400 for a team of up to 6 and $100 for individual entries. Since we only had a team of 4 the cost would have been identical. Most importantly, each individual entry gets their own pit. The pit size seems to be shrinking as the event gets more popular. I talked to the race management and they said they could collocate our pits. We will be able to have one large electric compound so individual entries will give us more room. We will just need to send all the entries in together so I will work on coordinating that next year..

If you missed this year, you missed a great event, but you need to plan on joining the fun next year.

Here are a few more pictures from this years event.

PXL_20231028_182050459.jpg
PXL_20231029_000539565.jpg
PXL_20231028_235741294.jpg
PXL_20231028_185227427.jpg